“Not very good cost/benefit”

Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #63 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Brasilia, DF
“Not very good cost/benefit”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel itself is well located but the price they charge is really not worth it for what you get.

My room for example had the view of a wall.... terrible.

On the other hand, breakfast is really wonderfull, lots of options and nice service.

Staff is ok but nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with street view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for dedicating part of your time to share your experience at the Windsor Plaza. I`m certain that it will be of great importance to other Tripadvisor users as it was to us.
I would like to say that we do have some rooms with no view but these are only the standard rooms. All the other categories (superior, executive superior, deluxe and suites) have a different view and I strongly suggest that you try a different one on your next stay as the view is an important item for you.
We hope to see you again and I would like to put myself at your disposal to help you with your reservation. It`s of our best interest that our guests leave the hotel with the feel that they got what they expected (or more!).
Neube Brigagão

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Staff really nice, helpful. Great location close to copacabana and ipamena. Go to hippy market at ipamena on Sundays - fantastic!

Rooms need a makeover. Pitched to us as "high end" but really should be pitched as budget tourist. High end is sister hotel on the beach - Windsor Atlantic. Breakfast and wifi are included.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k b
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with us. I`m glad that our service was a highlight in your stay. Regarding the rooms I`m glad to inform you that after the world cup we are planning to renovate our facilities.
We hope to have you as our guest again in the future with a new perspective of our hotel.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Only stayed here for one night but the staff were friendly. They organized a shuttle to the airport for us. Also organized a quick trip to Corcovado. Excellent breakfast. In general no complaints. Also good location as it is SO close to Copacabana beach and walking distance to Ipanema

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the Tripadvisor community.
Your comments will certainly be of great use for all the travelers as they were to us.
We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel make the hotel. Every person from the front desk to the people cleaning the room were great. The rooms were serviceable, clean and the wi-fi was top notch (but device specific). The res restaurant was great, we ate breakfast onsite every day.

Only suggestion was that the only bar was on the roof and was cramped when it rained.

We would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Thomas,
We are all glad to know that we`ve made your trip to Rio even better! We do concentrate our efforts in providing a fantastic serivce to our guests and it`s really good to know that this mission was accomplished successfully with you.
We hope to welcome you again very soon!
Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff were excellent, efficient, friendly and helpful during my stay. The hotel location is good, just a short walk from the Copacabana beach and surrounded by restaurants and a few Samba clubs. Unfortunately the rooms (I saw two) are tired and in need of renovation. The air conditioning was very noisy, the shower couldn't be adjusted (it offered only a single fire hose stream of water) the woodwork and wall paper was damaged and worn. An iron and ironing board are not in the rooms and have to be requested if required.

Breakfast was included and offered a vast selection of good food. WiFi was also included but at times was very slow. The conference facilities were good and well serviced by the attentive team. The hotel offers a free airport shuttle service.

I have no point of comparison but the price seemed high for the standard of the rooms.

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for dedicating some of your time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I`m glad the our service was up to your expectations and I`m sorry that our rooms were not.
We are planning some changes for the next year and I`m sure that this will solve the problem.
The internet issue was solved already as we`ve installed some brand new equipment and improved our link so I strongly believe that your ext experience with us will be a lot better.
Once again I thank you for your help and we will be waiting for your next visit anytime soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The service in this dining room is excellent and the buffet is quite good. There always seems to be a lot of fresh fruit on the table.

1 Thank lulupearl
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While I'd prefer to provide better feedback, as soon as I smell mildew or mold in a room I am completely turned off. I think for the price they can do better. The mattresses and blankets should be replaced by the type that many larger hotels use today. The air conditioning does not appear to have a dehumidification process built it. It is so humid in the room that I'm not surprised that there is a mildew smell. I appreciate the there is no carpeting in the room as it's cleaner this way. I also appreciate that the internet is complimentary and the included breakfast is quite good with lots of fresh fruit.

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I`m glad that our services were a highlight in your stay. Regarding the AC, I`ll try to figure out a solution but I need to know in which room you`ve stayed in order to fix the problem.
Anyway, I thank you once again for helping us and I hope to have you as our guest again in the future.