Of course it's really expensive but let's say that's the price for Rio (even if it's much higher than Paris for example).
Normally, even for half (or even fifth) the price I would give it a minimal rating but certainly around here you can do worse.
Room is ok, clean, plenty of toiletries. As others noticed it might get noisy (I don't care much because I use earplugs/ear-buds/headphones). For some reason there are also speakers on the hallways playing some music and that might get disturbing as well.
I'm taking out two stars from my review because they couldn't fix the (included/free) wired internet for two weeks. That was a big bummer as I was traveling for business. Of course I flagged this issue to the reception every other day and somebody came and played with the wires but never fixed anything (I can very well imagine it was the guy that fixes bulbs and showers and he has some mechanical tools, not network testing equipment, a laptop, etc but still no excuse).
Tip: there are 3 Windsor hotels, the Taxi will bring you most likely to Windsor Atlantica (high rise building just by the beach) which is NOT what you want (even if it is really close going by car back to "our" Windsor might take quite a few minutes - and dollars).
Tip 2: don't leave before going to the last floor - not for the pool, but for the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renewed in 1999, the Windsor Plaza Hotel has become the perfect choice for business travelers who also wants to enjoy the wonders of Rio de Janeiro. Its facilities were designed to attend the highest expectations of those who need a nice place to work and relax. Our location is simply perfect as we are located just as close to downtown as to the main touristic spots in Rio. The hotel offers 24 hours room service, free high speed internet, cable tv with English, German, French Spanish and Italian spoken channels, beach service, laundry, 2 digital telephone lines in the room, business center and fitness center. We also offer a free transfer to / from the International and local airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Windsor Plaza Copacabana
- Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil