“Good option in Copacabana”

Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #58 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a good hotel which I would consider meeting expectations for the location and price.
The rooms I had was clean and everything worked.
The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.
Hotel is located 3 blocks from the beach with plenty of restaurants in the immidiate area.
In short everything as good, but do not expect any WOW factor.
One fly in the ointment - I asked for a late check-out since my flight was not until that evening, but no, that was denied.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bencare
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for choosing our hotel and for taking some of your time to help us with your comments.
Regarding the late check out issue, I would like to state the we do our best to attend our guests needs but we can't do that if it means that we will not be able to provide another guest with his contracted services. As the check in time is 2pm, if we are fully booked it makes it difficult (sometimes impossible) to provide a late check out. What we can and do is to store the bags (free service) and allow the guest to continue to use our facilities (pool, free internet etc.).
Anyway, We do hope that you understand our situation and I take this opportunity to put myself at your disposal for any further assistance you might need when traveling to Rio.
Neube Brigagão

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel´s courtesy minivan and after 10 mins arrived at the hotel. The reception and booking in was quick and easy. Our first stop was to the bar and swimming pool at the top......spotlessly clean and again good service. Breakfast to say the least was magnificent, clean and a choice beyond words. we were sorry to leave after 4 days and would highly recommend this as it is a 3 min walk from teh beach and buses and taxis easily available.

Room Tip: Book the hotel with your flight, we chose TAM.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and services.
I'm certain that these comments will be of great value for the tripadvisor users planning to come to Rio as they were for us.
We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a great stay here over the New Years holiday for several nights. Some of the recent reviews made me worry about the upkeep of the hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and spotless and modern it was. My room was no frills decor-wise, and on the small side, but it was fully equipped with everything I needed (including a mini fridge) and again, it was totally clean which is the most important thing I care about. Nice roomy (and again, spotless) bathroom with great water pressure and fully stocked with amenities. I personally heard no noise from neighbors or street noise on the 11th floor (even during the noisy holiday).

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly Everton and Eduardo went out of their way to help my friend and myself with questions and requests. The breakfast buffet was a pleasant surprise as well. Someone had the nerve to complain about it in an earlier review; it was included in the hotel price for me (it's free, how can you complain!) Even if I had paid, the buffet blew me away because it's huge, both cooked and continental items, all decent. The rooftop pool area is small but chic with a full service bar and great views of the city. You can borrow beach towels to bring to the beach which is only like 3-4 blocks away. Free wifi took a little setting up, but once it was working, it was great to have.

You are walking distance to the Metro to go to Centro (Downtown) and also can easily get cheap cab rides to other parts of Copa and Ipanema and Leblon. You are right by several supermarkets and drugstores and banks (HSBC across the street worked with my bank card, not all of the banks in Brazil do, be careful!) for other needs. The front desk is happy to arrange tours as well (and there are also several travel agencies nearby too.)

There is a free shuttle to the airport (I didn't know how to arrange it coming in, but definitely try to reserve it on the way out. On the way in, I took something called Premium Onibus that took a long time/made a lot of stops, but ended up luckily stopping right next to the hotel and cost $12 real).

I loved Rio, have fun!

Room Tip: You could request a higher floor to maybe reduce street noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jeanki
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Chain for stay in Rio. I'm really glad that you've enjoyed it and also that you loved our city.
I also thank you for sharing your good experience with other tripadvisor users.
The Windsor Plaza team wishes you a happy new year and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Arrived there on old years eve'. Nice views from the top and rooms and food are all up to standard. Staff were helpfull and fairly friendly. Also within 5min walk to famous Copacabana beach and much cheaper than other hotels that sits on the beach. Copacabana beach is really something to experience on 31 December with the fireworks,DJ's and people. Would def stay there again.

NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
I`m really glad that you`ve enjoyed your stay at the Windsor Plaza and also the Réveillon at Copacabana.
We do hope to welcome you again very soon.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance with your travel arrangements.
Happy new year!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

What a place not only next door to the Copa Copacabana beach but its right in the middle of the buzzing vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro. The hotel is clean it is comfort and has free wifi in each room. Most of the staff can speak English and can help you with an enquiries about the hotel or the city.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the beach you will have to ask when you make a booking as the hotel is surroun...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bianca V
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Plaza Copacabana. Sharing your experience is of great value not only to us but to all the trip advisor users.
I also would like to take this opportunity to whish you a fantastic 2013.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Same standard as the other Windsor hotels in Rio.
Rooms were OK, clean, well serviced etc.
I'd like to say that one girl at receiption (her name escapes me) really went the extra mile to ensure that my booking at the Windsor Excelsior was in place after a mix up. She helped with translations and telephone calls. Thank you.

It just doesn't have the views, thats all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank eob1977
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am really glad that our helpfull staff made a big difference for you. To meet and exceed our guests expectations are our only goal, and reading your words makes me feel that we are going in the right direction.
Thanks for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with the world.
We do hope to welcome you again at the "Marvelous City" very soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at 3am in Rio, so needed a place to stay for a few hours. This was $200 a night, cheap for Rio, but it was a very small pokey room, with an awful view. The bathroom to be fair was very nice, didn't eat breakfast just got out of there. Staff at front desk were nice enough, but it felt soulless and like a glorified hostel. I'd be very disappointed if I was staying there for longer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mij l
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review. During 2013 we will be renovating our rooms so if you have any suggestions we will be glad to hear them. It's sad that you didn't tried our breakfast as it is highly regarded by our guests. I would definittly recommend that in another stay.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime in case you decide to try our services again. It will be a pleasure to help you.