We absolutly loved Cococabana but would urge you not to stay here. The rooms were too small, there was only one wardrobe with built in drawers for one. No other chest of drawers. Tlhis was a twin room and one of us had to live out of his suitcase! Beds were OK, pillows were lumpy and unsupportive. Walls were thin we could hear other toilets flushing and people moving about. The air conditioning was noisy so we turned it off - however the noise didn't stop! There was a dripping noise from the bathroom which we couldn't locate and must have been behind a wall or something. Towels were the thinnest I've been given in a hotel. If I'd had them at home I'd have thrown them away. Beds were tolerable. Breakfast was poor - the 'orange juice' was squash.. The pool on the roof was OK to have a dip in to keep cool but impossible to swim in. The staff are friendly and you can go to the sister hotel down the road which seems more professional. This has 38 floors and you should go up there for the views and photos (sunsets!). The hotel has loungers on the beach which they will set up for you with (better) towels. The beach on Sunday is packed with locals for a great atmosphere. You could go to the Cococabana Palace Hotel for a lunchtime buffet - £40.00 but worth it for a bit of luxury - they put the beer bottle in an ice bucket!! (food was good too). We felt very safe in the area, there is a police presence and it is well lit and busy with people late at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renewed in 1999, the Windsor Plaza Hotel has become the perfect choice for business travelers who also wants to enjoy the wonders of Rio de Janeiro. Its facilities were designed to attend the highest expectations of those who need a nice place to work and relax. Our location is simply perfect as we are located just as close to downtown as to the main touristic spots in Rio. The hotel offers 24 hours room service, free high speed internet, cable tv with English, German, French Spanish and Italian spoken channels, beach service, laundry, 2 digital telephone lines in the room, business center and fitness center. We also offer a free transfer to / from the International and local airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Windsor Plaza Copacabana
- Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil