“Efficient and helpful staff”

Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #63 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel is in a good location and while not on the Avenue Atlantico is only a short walk to Copacabana beach. Rio de Janeiro is an expensive location and the Plaza probably represents fair value for money in the area. The room was comfortable and cool although the weather was not making this difficult!. Breakfasts are excellent with plenty of waiters ensuring a smooth experience even at the busy period.
The staff are pleasant and efficient with a good welcoming approach. I was wrongly transferred to the sister hotel nearby (Windsor Atlantico). The desk staff in both hotels were excellent in ensuring the mix up was sorted out quickly without causing me stress.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MacBee
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments. It is good to know that our efforts made your visit to Rio even better.
The Windsor Plaza is waiting for your visit on your next trip to Rio.

There are newer reviews for Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked this for a week long business trip even though it was quite far from Rio Center which is where we had to travel to everyday in Barra.
This place was ready for us when we got there early in the day for check in. Very Friendly staff and most speak english very well. We stayed on the 8th foor and everything was very, very clean. I was impressed. The location is great, you can walk all of copacabana and never be bored here. I felt safe and it was just me and another girl. We ate at some pretty great places in the area too where the locals hang out to watch football. The only downsides, Walls are paper thin you can hear everything, toilets flush, people watching TV in other rooms. I will bring ear plugs next time. The beds are also very very hard. I am a poiled american and this did not work for me. I need a pillow top mattress. Whats a girl to do? I asked for 4 pillows for my bed and slept on them. It seemed to work out ok.
I think I would book here again but I guess that depends on rate and what the trip is for.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jcm2583
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
I Would like to thank you for your comments. They will be very helpfull to us and certainly to other Tripadvisor travelers.
We hope to be your choice for your next visit but I would like to remember that we have Windsor hotels all over the city including Barra da tijuca which would let you a lot closer to Rio Centro.
Anyway, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back at the Plaza.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Bad points
Small and airless room, tiny pool, wifi isn't free, no character whatsoever.

Good points
Breakfast, cleanliness.

Summary
Only just value for money and I am sure there is better.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Guest,
First aof all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. I also thank you for taking some of your time to help us with your comments.
I'm just wondering what did you meant when you said "airless room". The hotel is equipped with a central air conditioning system and all the rooms have individual controls for temperature.
Anyway, we hope that the next time you come to Rio you could give us another oportunity to impress you with our services and facilities.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

The hotel is average in almost everything! Nothijg special! Good for one night in a business trip.

• Stayed: September 2011
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Plaza on your recent trip to Rio, and also for taking your time to help us through your comments. I'm sure that they will be of great value to other tripadvisor travelers.
If you have any suggestions to improve our services it will be a pleasure to hear from you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel from 2/9/11 to 7/9/11 before continuing on to Foz de Iguazu.
The staff were most helpful and extremely courteous, especially the desk staff and bartenders in the pool bar (beautiful view at night!). The room was exactly what was needed, quite comfortable to come back to after your day in Rio, after all you don't go to Rio to spend all the time in your hotel room.
Air France had mislaid our bags and the staff were constantly on the phone trying to arrange a reunion, we didn't have to lift a finger or ask them, they gave us constant updates as we entered and left the hotel.
The food in the hotel was delicious and not overpriced compared to the restaurants in the city. The breakfast buffet consisted of everything one could ask for, whatever your preferences. And of course the coffee was absolutely delicious.
All in all, the staff made the hotel one of the highlights of our trip to Rio and I would recommend it to anybody travelling there. The beach is only a two minute walk when you leave the hotel and the Rio Sul shopping centre a five minute walk in the other direction with everything else a short walk away.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It is really nice to know that our efforts made a difference during your stay in the marvelous city.
We look forward to welcome back in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at the Copacabana plaza during my recent stay in Rio . I found the room a bit stuffy . for the value you pay at the hotel .. you dont get that much . rio is extreamly expensive . Also the hotel was not on th ebeach and one had to walk for 5 minutes to the beach .So no view of the beach , which is what one needs when staying in RIO . the breakfast was good. they charge for internet usage

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
As you know we are part of the Windsor Hotels chain and we have 10 properties in Rio de Janeiro.
As our location was not exactly what you were looking for, I recommend you to visit our website as we have hotels all over the city. Certainly one of them will be the perfect choice for your next visit to Rio.
Once again we thank you for your time and in case you change your mind we will be honored to have you as our guest once again.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had a pleasant short stay at this hotel and unfortunately did not get to enjoy all the amenities. The staff was helpful and booked us a tour as soon as we got there. The location is closer to the airport and downtown which saved on the taxi fees. The beach was about a five minute walk. The room was comfortable and the bathroom had many amenities. Unfortunately, we had to be at the airport by 6 am so we could not take advantage of the hotel's offer of transportaton to the airport which operated at specific times. The buffet wasn't yet available but the staff said we could grab a few things if we wanted. When we come back to Rio, we will definitely consider staying there again but for a longer period of time!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ladolcevida17
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
The Windsor Plaza believes that guest comments are the most important tools to improve our services, therefore we really would like to thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with us.
We look forward to welcome you back in a near future.