My family and I stayed here for 3 nights during our trip to Rio mostly because it was the only place we could book online that met our capacity requirement for 2 adults and 2 children. The fixtures, carpet, paint, and decor are all just plain worn out. The rooms are decent size, but again, totally worn out and dated. The beds were barely passable and the walls paper thin- we heard everything from dishes being done in the kitchen 5 floors below, to the screaming newborn next door. The staff was great. Very helpful and friendly. Location is top notch- smack dab In the center of copacabana and it's clear the hotel is relying on this alone to keep the rooms booked. We probably wouldn't stay again only because we usually prefer to stay in places that take greater pride in appearance. I would say this is a 2 star hotel with a 5 star location. The breakfast buffet in the morning was decent. A lot of variety and reasonably well presented. Just ke
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the most privileged location with a wonderful view of all Copacabana beach because it is at the beach. The Olinda Rio Hotel is housed in a noble building with classic architectural style built in 1949 on which retains the charm and glamor of that era. Guests of Olinda Rio Hotel can enjoy the Brazilian or French cuisine at Venezia Restaurant in a European setting, with Italian marble floors, crystal chandeliers, a cozy wooden bar with crystals and stunning ocean views. Luxury apartments, Luxury Executive Suite with Balcony and the Olinda Rio Hotel have panoramic views of the beach. All accommodations have soft colors with wooden furniture. All apartments have air conditioning, cable TV, minibar, electronic safe, minibar and free internet wi-fi. The hotel offers a buffet breakfast quality with varieties of breads, croissants, fruit, cakes, meats, juices, dairy products, cereals, still having the option to request personal service. The closest hotel is the metro station Siqueira Campos, besides the availability of several bus lines to various parts of the city. The hotel is approximately 23 km far from Galeao airport for international flights, domestic flights 12km from Santos Dumont Airport and 14 km from the Novo Rio Bus In Olinda Rio Hotel guest finds the speed, total discretion in customer service and a service room spotless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Olinda Rio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olinda Othon Classic Hotel
- Olinda Rio Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil