The hotel is on Copacabana Beach, which is a world famous gorgeous beach. From the hotel you can have a beautiful walk in either direction along a fascinating sea front that is full of activity at all times of the day. A short walk around the back of the hoteltakes you to a variety of inexpensive shops. Sadly we did not have a sea view room , I think they are very few and far between and also a lot extra to pay!
Our room was quite dated and didnt have a very good outlook at all. Wi Fi is extra!
I think whilst we were there the hotel may have been changing ownership, there were men taking down the name of the hotel on the outside!
Breakfast was good lots of fruit and veg. and if you ask the waitor he will take your bread for you and toast it in the kitchen.
We paid for our room in advance but the hotel still asked for a credit card thing to cover any excess charges... no problem with that but after we checked out and returned home they deducted from our credit card account the cost of the room again! Seemed strange to do that as we checked out and handed the keys in as normal and they never gave us a receipt or anything! The money has been sorted out now but not the kind of thing that a good hotel does.
traffic in Rio is really really bad. If you have a hired car I do not thin there is any where any where near for you to park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the most privileged location with a wonderful view of all Copacabana beach because it is at the beach. The Olinda Rio Hotel is housed in a noble building with classic architectural style built in 1949 on which retains the charm and glamor of that era. Guests of Olinda Rio Hotel can enjoy the Brazilian or French cuisine at Venezia Restaurant in a European setting, with Italian marble floors, crystal chandeliers, a cozy wooden bar with crystals and stunning ocean views. Luxury apartments, Luxury Executive Suite with Balcony and the Olinda Rio Hotel have panoramic views of the beach. All accommodations have soft colors with wooden furniture. All apartments have air conditioning, cable TV, minibar, electronic safe, minibar and free internet wi-fi. The hotel offers a buffet breakfast quality with varieties of breads, croissants, fruit, cakes, meats, juices, dairy products, cereals, still having the option to request personal service. The closest hotel is the metro station Siqueira Campos, besides the availability of several bus lines to various parts of the city. The hotel is approximately 23 km far from Galeao airport for international flights, domestic flights 12km from Santos Dumont Airport and 14 km from the Novo Rio Bus In Olinda Rio Hotel guest finds the speed, total discretion in customer service and a service room spotless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Olinda Rio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olinda Othon Classic Hotel
- Olinda Rio Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil