“Very conveniently located hotel and at a reasonable price”

Atlantis Copacabana
Ranked #89 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is located between the beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema. You literally only have to walk for only five minutes to get to either one. The hotel is clean and the staff is attentive. My room was spacious and it had air conditioning. The furniture is not new but it's holding up well. Breakfast was included with my stay and I would say the food was average. So, why am I giving this hotel a rating of 4 out of 5? Not because of its creature comforts but because it's clean and functional and the price was very good when you consider the location: right between two of the most famous beaches in the entire world. As a reference point, rooms in some hotels with an ocean-view located on Ipanema beach can easily cost you US$900/night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Atlantis Copacabana

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I spent two weeks at the Inia's Bed and Breakfast and I have never felt so cared for. when my card started acting, Inia was very undestanding and patient. Her B&B is nestled in between Ipanema and Copacabana with two block separing them from either side. She made the best breakfast from the freshest fruits, bread, a cheese selection and a meat platter, I looked forward to my mornings every day. I had booked a twin bedroom, and it was comfortable and featured amenitities such as a private bathroom, air-conditioning, a safe (not that I needed it) wireless internet and a TV, closet space was fantastic.

I really recommend Arpoador Bed and Breakfast to anyone interested in a memorable Rio experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kgosi M
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for five nights which was probably too long considering the small room we were given (it was of of those rooms ending in a 5 or 6). With the air con unit right next to the bed - it acted as a sort of bed-side table, being on the same level. Sleeping with this thing rattling all night would have been impossible, so the bedroom soon became stuffy. Still, the bed was comfortable, the water was hot in the morning (but not in the evening) and the room fairly clean, though our visit to the beach meant that the sand which returned with us, remained on the floor throughout our stay. Sadly, the overworked chambermaids didn't thoroughly clean the rooms during our stay, the empty shampoo bottles remained in the shower and toilet paper was not always replaced. Bring shower gell is none is offered.
The breakfast was good, though as in most places, somewhat dull after a few days. The room does feel crowded as there is no daylight but the choice is perfectly reasonable, good enough selection of fruit (I wouldn't call it 'awsome') and enough tables for the guests without having to share. I didn't find the reception too unfriendly, but I guess that what happens after living in Paris for 15 years! Certainly, when I commented on the work being done around the reception desk (new tiles were being laid, the staff reacted by replying that the hotel was full - presumably they thouight that I was asking to change rooms! The hotel iincidently was NOT full. I did appreciate the free computer access available to guests in the foyer, though two computers are not always enough.
Would I stay here again? Possibly, yes. This is because of its excellent location, something not to be sniffed at in Rio. Close to the two best beaches, taxi ranks and shops, good restaurants and in a very safe neighbourhood this hotel is also quite cheap by Rio's standards. I wouldn't consider the place in most other cities in the world, but unfortunately Rio can demand such high prices due to limited choice in this beautiful but somewhat dated city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BillParis
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is located at the end of Copacabana, bordering Ipanema which is a great location. The front desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious as was the bathroom. Breakfast was nice. I was only there for a night having already spent a week in Rio at a different hotel. If I knew then what I now know I would have booked this hotel instead for the week.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MariaS74
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Inia is a great hostess. You become part of her family. We went out to dinner together and attended the Sunday market with her. The breakfast was generious and delicious. If we return to Rio we will stay with her and feel at home. The location is excellent between Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. Just a shor walk to each.

Room Tip: The room with the queen size bed is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BARRY S
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location perfect to access Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. Bus Stop and metro stations very close by and seems to be on safe area.
Big supermarket nearby 2 blocks away.
The only real negative was that the bathroom almost would flood and get blocked up Everytime I used it.
Had no view but that did not bother me particularly. Oh and they were doing renovations on the floor tiles at reception so major noise with drilling but that was during day and I was out for most of it.
Breakfast was a great selection of breads and cakes, cereal and hot sausages and eggs. Awesome selection of fresh fruits! I had so much fresh mangoes, melons and papayas that I almost overdosed!
Overall the location cannot be fault and would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank groovychickMelbourne
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a super deluxe sea view room.
Positives
Good breakfast
Desk staff speak English to varying degrees
Room is kept very clean
Very good wifi
Location is two blocks from ipanema beach and while easy walking distance to copacabana seems a very safe neighbourhood
Pool is small but quiet, spent an hour on our own there moat days enjoying the sun and the views

Negatives
I think the reception is less interested in telling you what you need to know to do a trip etc yourself then selling a trip with commission.
Never leave spare toilet paper in room, no problem bringing it up when you ring reception but shouldn't be necessary.
While rooms are very clean and comfortable the decor is a bit on the cheap and cheerful side.

Overall I'd recommend the hotel whole heartedly, great location, clean, for rio it's very competitively priced and good wifi in your room is always handy

• Stayed: July 2012