Hotel Arpoador
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$154
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
  • Pool
All reviewsipanema beachperfect locationocean viewbeach frontsound of the wavesstandard roomhotel restaurantsmall hotelbreakfast is servedrooms are cleanperfect stayfresh fruitnice breakfastmini barsugar loaftemporadario
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited this hotel on August 2012. The location is great, the hotel itself is beautiful but the prices are too high and not good for purpose. The guy was speaking English and he was institing we order a certain meal and when we didn't he appeared unhappy. I wanted to make my own choice and I I ordered a grilled sea bream but I was served a tinny mashy looking fish potion with a big bowl of boiled rice enough for three people! and one big leaf of lettice. The fish was tasteless and I didnt eat even a quater of the rice. After finishing my wine I asked for the bill and the guy brought it, stood there looking at me until I took out the wallet from my bag and he was still standing there looking at my wallet..I felt intimidated and I will never recommend to any body Hotel Arpoador Inn. I stayed in rio for two weeks and there are so many other restaurants that are very nice with friendly people, good price and even makes you feel good about the tip that they already put in the bill.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, Manager at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments here, as they help us improving our services.

Our departments are being currently trained in order to offer the best service as possible, so I do hope you come back soon in order to see the improvements.

Thank you also for the compliments on the hotel structure and location, right on the beach of Arpoador, between Ipanema and Copacabana.

If you could please let me know next time you are in Rio de Janeiro, I would be pleased to welcome you personally in ARPOADOR INN.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The room was very uncomfortable. Three small beds littered the space when a single room was booked. The beds were very umcomfortable.
Service at reception good and restaurant food good but over priced.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank UKbusinesstravellers
Ringo_br, Manager at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us.
Please let us know before coming into Rio de Janeiro and I will make sure that your room has a comfortable double bed.

We are glad that you enjoyed the service at Arpoador Inn and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Breakfast outside restaurant is the best experience ever!.

Room Tip: choose high rooms and sea view. rooms face to the street are noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Georgia K
Ringo_br, Manager at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express how much you loved our location.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the having breakfast overlooking Rio de Janeiro's beautiful coastline.

We hope to see you shortly back in Arpoador Inn.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

It's a small and simple hotel, room was OK, if you were any where else you would expect more for the money. But we were very happy with our stay here. Location is great, breakfast good with some interesting local food. Only noice at night was the waves!

Staff was helpful with fixing taxi and fotball tickets.

I think I would stay here again!

Room Tip: See view room away from the street!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SwedenFamilyBusiness
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review about Arpoador Inn.

Our rates are aligned with the ones of other hotels in Rio de Janeiro, so thank you for understanding that. I appreciate you listing many of our great aspects: our exclusive location right on Arpoador beach, the vast selection of products at our breakfast and the courteous treatment of our staff.

We are all very pleased with your great impressions and hope to see you back in Arpoador Inn soon, where from an Ocean View apartment, as you mentioned, all you listen to is the sound of the waves.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Perfect location on Ipanema beach. One of the few hotels right on the beach (the rest are across the road). Staff were really friendly, extremely helpful & spoke very good English. Complimentary beach towels & umbrellas. Huge selection at the complimentary buffet breakfast. Will definitely stay there again if I return to Rio!

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank Allie44444
Ringo_br, Manager at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your superb review.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, as much as we do. We are indeed located in a very exclusive location on Rio's coastline: directly on the beach, between iconic Ipanema and Copacabana beaches.
It is great to know that you enjoyed the services offered in Arpoador Inn, such as the complimentary beach towels and umbrellas, along with the breakfast buffet which can be enjoyed in the terrazzo. The staff training recently undergone really makes the difference, so I am very happy that you enjoyed staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Rio de Janeiro very soon.

Very best wishes,