26 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$129
Hotels.com$129
Booking.com$129
Priceline$129
Travelocity$129
Destinia.com$150
2,342 results
All reviews private beach bene restaurant ipanema beach club level pool area top floor leblon concierge cachaca rio favela anderson paulo uber brazil casa
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2019

Stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoyed the views of Leblon and Ipanema beaches from our room balcony. Rooms and property are well maintained, and the service is professional and courteous. The property has a nice pool area, but the beach front is small and separated from the main Leblon beach. It is an easy 15 minute walk to Leblon beach (along the road, not along the beach) or a <5min taxi to the beach boardwalk or main dining scene of Leblon. Would recommend this property and stay again

Room tip: request a high floor (20s) and facing Leblon beach, ideally corner room w/ a balcony
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank roc521
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Just spent a fabulous weekend at the Sheraton Grande Rio. Great location easy access to attractions restaurants and transfer to the airport. Lobby concierge is fantastic and happy to make recommendations and secure great tables big thank you to Liva and Gabriel. Agnaldo in the club lounge is exceptional such warm hospitality you felt like you were in his living room as his personal guest. We look forward to returning soon

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank justwantothavefun
Reviewed June 23, 2019

The unique thing about this resort is the location. I am pretty sure it's the only hotel on the beach in the Rio area. Everywhere we wanted to go in the Rio area was an easy Uber ride from the hotel. We loved coming back to the hotel after a day of sightseeing and relaxing in the well heated pool as the sun set. They have a pool bar open until 8pm and several restaurants on the property, making it easy to just stay there and eat dinner. The pool area is shaded by huge trees and there are plenty of chaise loungers and cabana beds for guests. They also have tennis courts that are free to use for guests.

The breakfast buffet was the same every day, but it was so huge that you could eat different things each day. They have a chef to cook made-to-order omelets or tapioca crepes. It was served in the restaurant overlooking the bay- a great way to start each day.

Room tip: For families of four they have suites that include a King size bed, pull out sofa bed and a small kitchen.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank kirbchr
Reviewed June 20, 2019

I was there for a conference couple of months after mudslides. I have to say they cleaned up well after that disaster.

Some rooms were not used for a long time so when I first open the tap it was running brown water. After 10minutes of flowing it turned to normal color.

Location is good around Leblon area, small beach in front but I believe the sewer system unloads in front of the hotel as I was able to see foam on the sea.

Pool area is nice very easy access to beach, locals playing football and enjoy sun regularly.

Room tip: All rooms have ocean and favela view - better to have a room looking to Ipanema beach.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Onuriko
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

The hotel has now reopened after the mudslides that closed it for two months.

Had it booked for two nights but cut my stay short due to gross incompetence by the hotel staff and moved elsewhere.

The internet was not working the entire time. Had to tether on the cellphone network to get work done.

Tried to call the Guest Services on the phone but nobody ever picked up the call. Also, the speakerphone option never worked.

Had to message on the Bronvoy app to get MOD to give me a call. MOD was not available and was told that a supervisor would call me. She then started asking if I had an issue.

Hotel never provided a welcome letter that would have explained the club and breakfast hours the reason why I tried to call the non-existing guest services number.

What a pile of garbage this hotel is.

Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank LoyaltyLobby
YaraSuzart, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Loyalty Lobby,

First of all I would like to thank you for providing your point of view about your recent stay with us.

Ensuring that everyone who walks through our doors feels welcome is who we are as a company - and for our staff personally, the most important responsibility – your well-being . It is how we create warm and loyal relationships, and why so many throughout the world choose Sheraton Grand Rio to stay.

Regarding what you mentioned about the mudslides, it was a natural disaster, even being beyond our forces. All the city got into a state of attention due to the heavy rains at that time. It happened four months ago. We had damages, stayed closed for two months and we had reopened in the begining of April.

However, the event mentioned was not the cause of your disatisfaction.

This weekend, the area where the hotel is located had problems with electricity and this fact may have impacted some hotel services like internet. Including yesterday morning.

Meanwhile we were trying to verify what happened, someone from our staff called your room to ask how she could assist you, as you were trying to contact the Guest Service by phone without success.

Verifying your check in process, the information that we have is that all the Protocol was followed, specially your loyalty status recognition and so on.

We understand that the service that you have received during your stay did not meet your expectations, and for this, I sincerely apologize. Please feel free to contact me at yara.suzart@marriott.com I hope one day we will be able to restore your trust in our services.

My best regards,