“Review from someone who lives in Rio”

Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel
Ranked #60 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Review from someone who lives in Rio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I live in Rio and I can say this: Pestana Rio is a very nice hotel in Copacabana Beach. But it is expensive compared to good hotels overseas.

I have found the same or better service and rooms in 4 stars hotels around Europe and The US. The 5 stars are probably because of the Spa and the Superior Rooms. But for me, a 5 Star hotel should be so to every room. I stayed at a Deluxe Room that's good. But not memorable.

To those who have never been to Rio:

LOCATION: the most appreciated quarters in Rio (for people from Rio) are Leblon, Ipanema and Arpoador. Pestana is at Copacabana Beach: the oldest beach in town and the most visited by tourists. It's near every place you want to visit. In 10 minutes or less by Car, you can enjoy Lapa, Ipanema, Leblon,Arpoador, Lagoa and the Sightseens.

BEACH: Copacabana is the city's oldest quarter. If you're young and want to see younger people, take a taxi and in 5-10 minutes you can enjoy Ipanema beach by day and Lapa by night.

ROOM: clean and modern. The bed could be more confortable. The wi-fi works ok. TV has few internacional channels.

SERVICE: Brazil is a nightmare when it comes to service. I'm brazilian, have always lived in Rio and I can say this: Do not expect excepcional service. To brazilians, if there's no big problem, the service is good. Pestana is good. No problems so far...

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank kfmcardoso
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Mrs. KfmCardoso,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel and for taking the time to send us your detailed and valuable comments.

It´s always gratifying to receive feedbacks, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at our Hotel in order to enjoy a warm and relaxed ambient.

Thank you again for having shared your experience with us and looking forward in receiving your new reservation request!

Pestana Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hi guys, I recommend you guys that if you looking for excellent services and a want to experience a good holiday while staying on Copacabana beach , this hotel will be good choice for you.

You will never forget this experience. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Mr. thekamran10

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

I am so glad to read your comments in which I appreciate your information’s.

We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at one of our Hotels & Resorts;

München
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The luxurious hotel is perfectly located at Copacabana Beach in Rio, close to the city center, the sightseeing top spots like Corcovado and Sugar Loaf (Pao d'Azucar) and the other great beaches as Ipanema and Leblon.

The view from the roof top terrace with a bar, pool and sunchairs all over Copacabana beach is amazing. The atmosphere is very relaxing. With soft lounge music, good drinks and food and the view on the ocean you feel close to the beach life without the hustle of the vibrant city. Easily you will forget time and spend there the whole day.

The breakfast is served until 10.30 am, fresh, delicious and manifold. At night the roof top terrace turns into a decent bar and is in my opinion one of the nicest locations in town to have a drink.

I was already the second time in this hotel and would always book it again! Every time I enjoyed a fantastic service throughout the whole hotel, from the front desk, the restaurants and bars to the chamber maid. Everybody was so kind and tried to make my stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible! Especially Gefferson, Luciana and Mara were so helpful and kind that I really felt warmly welcome!

I really can recommend this hotel! You won't gonna miss anything!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Carsten H
Dear Mr. Carsten H,

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Chede_Net,

I am so glad to read your comments in which I appreciate your information’s.

In regards to our Fitness Center, we are also working on it and soon all the equipment’s will be substituted.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Deck bar is the hotel highlight.. Great atmosphere, good food and drinks, stunning view, and outstanding service. The hotel Location is perfect. Deluxe room is not very spacious but Ok. Check in and check out were the main issues. At least 20min spent on both..

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank JakelineN
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Mrs. Jakeline N,

I am so glad to read your comments in which I appreciate your information’s.

In regards to the timing spent in your Check In and Check Out, please accept our apologies and we will double check if in the period you stayed here anything special happened as this is not usual at our Hotel.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hi I recently stayed from 10th - 15th July as a guest of The Budweiser Hotel, Pestana Rio Atlantica. The staff were very helpful, hotel immaculately clean, food exceptional and the view from the rooftop stunning. I would thoroughly recommend a stay at this hotel if you're visiting Rio De Janeiro. It is centrally located on Copacabana beach with exceptional tourist attractions such as SugarLoaf Mountain, Christ The Redeemer statue and the legendary Maracana football stadium a short distance away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin G
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Mr. Kevin G,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very good location and a fantastic atmosphere once inside.
Joao Sousa is a seasoned professional Concierge always finding solutions to any demand you can imagine around in Rio de Janeiro. Great for him and his team !
I´ll be back next time in the city.
Thx!

Room Tip: In upper floors street noise is lower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Adrian R
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Adrian R,

I am so glad to read your comments in which I appreciate your information’s.

staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.