“Top hotel in a great location”

Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel
Ranked #60 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Top hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Having just returned from 4 nights at the Pestana Rio Atlantica aka 'Budweiser hotel' I can honestly say I had a fantastic time. The staff are helpful & friendly cant do enough for you. Especially the gent on my floor who got me lifts everyday.There was unlimited Budweiser an offer that was rolling out for the duration of the world cup. Nice touch! My room was more like an apartment with 2 flat screen TV's clean and spacious. The view wasn't much but it made it more interesting with a view to the real Rio. The location was spot on. The pool was closed to accommodate the world cup parties & celebrations.. fantastic nights on the roof top terrace...electric atmosphere. If you get the chance to experience this hotel...I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hayleypie
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Hayleypie,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel (Budweiser Hotel) and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

I am so glad to read your comments in which I appreciate your information’s.

It´s always gratifying to receive feedbacks, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at one of our Hotels & Resorts;

Thank you again for having shared your experience with us and looking forward in receiving your new reservation request!

Pestana Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very frienldy and supportive service. Hospitality was the highlight of the stay.
Good amenities, room clean and comfortable; though I wish I had a better view.
Breakfast very good at first but boring eventually if you have the same for more than 2 days.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Mr. MaciejMK,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for only one night, but very comfortable. There was a newly renovated apartment with everything in perfect working order. Service agile and practical reception, without much bureaucracy. Breakfast served well, with varied options. Supplementing the excellent impression, privileged address on the main avenue of Copacabana

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Mocreu,

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in early june and it was in the middle of world cup preparations. It was being prepared to be a Budweiser hotel. There is not problem with that, If the hotel would close the pool early because of the maintenance.

One down side was that I sent the e-mail to hotel requesting a parking spot and It was confirmed. When arrived, hotel staff said the parking was full. I had to try to talk to the manager and they found me a spot, on the street, but at least hotel security would be close to the car.

Also, the breakfast was a huge disappointment for this type of hotel. It is not a bad breakfast, but I was expecting more for the location and hotel stars.

On a regular basis and without world cup, I would return to it.

Room Tip: Beach front!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller_Brazilian
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Traveller,

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I recently spent a few days at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel. The structure is very well located, rooms are well equipped, those with a frontal view are very nice the smaller ones are small but good too. Pestana has a fantastic rooftop with a dj playing at night ( not sure if always) and you can spend a very good time there. Breakfast is good. While there the staff was very helpful. Vivaldo the head of porters, Alejandro at the front desk, Cinthia as well as Luciana (one of their gerentes) were really helpful, Messia at the bar in the roof top and the poeple at the front office at the night shift made our stay a well supported stay. We also discovered that the windows at the roof top are bulletproof...that discovery we could have done withoit I'm sure you think the same!

Room Tip: the rooms with a partial view of the see are not convenient, in reality you see nothing unless you h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. AntBif,

Thank you very much for choosing the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!

At Pestana Rio Atlantica we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm and relaxed ambient and consequently turn your stay into Memorable Moments.

As part of our commitment with our guests, I would like to personally take care of your next stay and due to that, I would kindly request you to contact our Hotel Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Gefferson Alves via e-mail: Gefferson.alves@pestana.com and we will prepare a very special suite in order to indulge you into a breathtaking view of Copacabana beach.

We also encourage you to check out Hotel Site at Pestana.com to check the best rates available. There are also great offers only available on it!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff made the long stay pleasant. Compliments to the friendly doorman, Edelson who went the extra mile to offer me water after my exercise, an ever smiling porter (who had a hearing aid), the cheerful reception staff, Luiz Henrique and the "breakfast team" at level 12 - Jesu, Souza and Eddievado who were always attentive to breakfast.

Gym in very poor condition The balcony door latch could not be closed properly and this was also the case in my colleagues room The housekeeping which opens the balcony window and sometimes leave it ajar My colleague lost money Not very consistent housekeeping Erratic wi-fi strength at night and in the weekend

Room Tip: Avoid the top, 12th floor as there is a risk that there is a party at the pool floor (the 13th floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AdelMalaysia
pestana, Gerente geral at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Mr. AdelMalaysia

I am so glad to read your comments in which I appreciate your information’s.

In regards to our Fitness Center we thank you for your feedback but we are glad to inform you that we just finished refurbishing the entire Fitness Center. Now we have a modern one with the ultimate in equipment’s!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel location is excellent. You are in the middle of the beach where you can take the best photos from the balcony of your room. Stayed there for 1 night only for business. The staff is very kind. Especially Mr. Gefferson Alves. They make you feel as if you are their only guest.. VIP treatment. I stayed there May 2014, which was only weeks ahead of the World Cup and they were very busy, but never let you feel that they don't have the time for you. Thank you Pestana. My choice when I return to Rio.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank Naykbasharassad .
Dear Mr. Naykbasharassad .