As a solo tourist, I stayed in the Copacabana Palace's main ('original') building in 2002. The room was small with a tiny balcony. Even so, the amenities and level of service were such that I ranked the hotel among the best I'd ever lodged in.
In 2008 my wife and I were upgraded to a suite in the tower ('new') building. Its bedroom alone was as large as the room I had occupied six years earlier. The sitting room was huge. The walk-in closet was also large, as was the bathroom -- which had separate bath and shower and an abundance of amenities.
Service at the Copacabana is unexcelled -- at its reception (check-in and -out) and concierge desks, in its restaurants, and everywhere else.
The near-Olympic sized pool forms a backdrop for both restaurants -- La Pergola, the casual diner that has both indoor and a poolside tables, and Cipriani, the gourmet Northern Italian eatery.
The complimentary breakfast at La Pergola (R$55 or US$37) a person for non-guests was fabulous, with no fewer than 14 different fruits, and eggs, meats, cereals, juices, breads, rolls, and pastries. Dinner at Cipriani was a disappointment, either because the chef is new or had the day off.
In 2002 I paid the equivalent of US$465 for a single room in the old building. In 2008 we paid US$400 for our suite. This might, or should, make the Copacabana Palace the #1 hotel in Rio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil