What makes this a first rate hotel is its outstanding service. In particular, the front-desk staff was absolutely delightful. I hope that management gives the staff recognition for this. Giving guests a good first impression goes a long way--it certainly did for us. After hearing that my husband and I were on our honeymoon, they sent a bottle of champagne to our room. Bartenders and bell staff were also warm, welcoming and very at-your-service. The concierge should be given kudos as well. They always had good recommendations and there no question that went unanswered.
The spa facilities are top notch--a nice option when it rained the last day were there. (When it rains in Rio, your options can be limited!)
There are some complaints about this place feeling old, but it is a historic hotel built in the 30s. I'm sure there are other places you could go that have sleek, new, modern decor (and I do love that stuff, don't get me wrong) but few places have the character and meaning of other historic properties like the Waldorf in NYC or the St. Francis in San Francisco, and it turns out that Copa Palace has much better service than those places. We found our suite to be roomy and well appointed with all the amenities. And with Copacabana Beach across the street and Ipanema and Leblon within striking distance, are you really going to be living in your room?
Only one criticism. We could hear the Club Copa's loud music thumping at night in our ocean/pool view suite on the fourth floor. We were usually so tired at the end of a long evening that we just passed out, and the pluses outweighed the minuses of the place, but it was a bit of a surprise to encounter this.
Overall a memorable and worthwhile stay thanks to all the expert staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil