“Great Hotel at a prime location!”

Belmond Copacabana Palace
Ranked #3 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Totally enjoyed my stay in late April/early May. Was traveling on business and the location couldn't have been better. The city view room was a tad small, but fine for a single business traveler. Everything was spotless and the bathroom was plenty roomy. Loved having my breakfast by the pool every morning.. your choice inside or out. WiFi worked without a hitch, which is important when conducting business. Staff was always friendly and courteous. Didn't get a chance to have dinner at the hotel, but was told the food in the Italian restaurant was very good. It is situated right across the street from Copacabana beach (no hotels are right on the beach, but they are steps away), although since on business I didn't have time to enjoy the beach.

Will definitely make this my hotel of choice when doing business in Rio. I have stayed at other hotels, and was not pleased half as much. Great value for the money....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Adriano S, Assistant to the General Manager at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for sending your kind message and very positive feedback. Your words reinforce that we are in the right way in order to provide excellent service and accomodations to our guests and clients.

There are newer reviews for Belmond Copacabana Palace

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I have visited Rio numerous times over the past several years, but have never stayed at the Copacabana Palace until last month What a lovely surprise! First Class all the way!
The hotel retains its splendor, glamour and charm. It has a wonderful style and has been beautifully maintained
We stayed in a pool suite overlooking the pool and beach and was more like a luxury apartment than a hotel room. The Pergula restaurant by the pool was just a delightful place in terms of atmosphere
But it's the Copa's flawless service that makes it a world class hotel. From the moment we walked in, the staff was warm, attentive and always smiling . Thanks to Rafaela Pereira and Fernanda from Pergula restaurant
The location isn’t the best, but what it lacks in location it makes up for in hospitality and charm. One suggestion: improve the wifi signal
We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our two day stay at the Copa and we would not hesitate to suggest this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkm4

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sending and sharing your comments. We are very happy to know about your remarkable stay with us. Regarding to your sugestions, we will verify carefully.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked, requested a particular room in advance (highest floor, ocean view WITH a Balcony!!)
And..... I GOT IT!!!
That is just the starters!! but actually MADE the trip, so for you out there who think "Room" doesn't matter, it does!!! On Many levels... Like, I looked at the suite next to my room, it had NO balcony (VERY Few rooms do in the main building) and it didn't have an extra half bath, so it was dead "extra room" and I made out totally on the room I had!
ALL rooms in the main building, as you may know, were totally renovated as of just earlier this year!
Bathroom- To Die for... DOUBLE SINKS (HUGE with me) as well as a great tub and separate shower.
TOP notch on all.... I never ever saw room service and my room was attended to every time I left!!
OK- I wish I could just BOTTLE THE SMELL of the Lobby which heads into the gorgeous Outside Breakfast Area..... Entering this place is feast amoung the senses..... can't explain it and it is something I miss so much.
Bottom Line, there is NO OTHER PLACE TO STAY except the Palace; is is History; Circa 1923
It is on the BEST BEACH!!! I can't believe what others say about Copacabana... it was SPOTLESS and SAFE and MUCH MUCH nicer than Ipanema!!!
Beyond a doubt the best place ever to stay!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T wait to go back!!!!!!

Room Tip: Well, besides the Penthouse, the best room is 506...... top floor, ocean view and.... WITH A BALCON...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MagicalTravel

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for posting your valuable and amazing comments about the hotel and the district of Copacabana. We are glad that we are succesfull in providing a memorable experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are perfect and the service also very good.
People from the hotel is very helpful.
The swimming pool is great! I love to stay there. It was my second time.
You can walk to Arpoador in the afternoon to see the sunset. After this you can go to Colombo in
Copacabana Fort. It's amazing!
I recomend this hotel!

Room Tip: The best rooms have a beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
It is so amazing to read nice and emotional comments about your experience and stay with us. Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The best hotel in Rio is in the image of its city: gorgeous location, iconic building, beautiful rooms (especially those in the back building), inefficient and lackadaisical service. By international standards, the location and building are 5-star+, the service is (barely) 4-star. Great breakfast and week-end buffets.i

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lam N

Dear guest,
Thank you for posting your personal message about your stay with us. Although it is amazing read the positive impressions related to the city and the hotel, we are really concerned of your observation regarding to our service. We truly would like to check better what happened because it is not detailed.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

For the price we paid the least I expected on arrival and departure was somebody to help us with our luggage but nobody did, 4 members of security staff even watched us struggle out past the pool area on our departure.

We had a number of issues with the hotel during our stay including noise from the bar downstairs which we were promised would cease at midnight but there was no let up at 1am so we had no choice but to take another room for the night if we wanted to sleep. Pool service was inconsistent, we only received turndown 1 night out of 4 and when we ordered poached eggs at breakfast they arrived as we were leaving. I could go on and on however we took the opportunity to speak to the Duty Manager to discuss this and he waived our bill however, I would much rather pay for my food and drinks and have good service. My husband even emailed the Duty Manager directly, soon after our stay with constructive advice but he never received a reply which was disappointing but they do have a lot of famous guests so maybe they are just very busy.

Yes, it's a very iconic hotel within the Copacabana area and at the moment it is the only 5 star (accredited) hotel in that location. Rio, however is a fantastic city and the local people are very welcoming, we never felt unsafe.

Room Tip: Take a high floor for sleep quality
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HerRubyship

Dear Guest,
Firstly we were extremely concerned to read the detailed content of your message. We apologize most sincerety for all the unpleasant incidents you and your husband may had. We will check all the matters you highlighted in order to avoid situations as mentioned.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Excellent boutique-type hotel with spacious rooms and a stone's throw from the world famous Copacabana beach. Service was above par, the breakfast spread was simply scrumptious and they even flew the Malaysian flag during my stay - truly amazing!

Room Tip: The rooms are not cheap but I wished I had paid slightly more for sea facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Adriano S, Assistant to the General Manager at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Sir,
We would like to express how grateful we are after read your kind comment. It is truly amazing that you noted the flag. It is a way to honor the nationality of our guests.

Best Regards,