I booked, requested a particular room in advance (highest floor, ocean view WITH a Balcony!!)
And..... I GOT IT!!!
That is just the starters!! but actually MADE the trip, so for you out there who think "Room" doesn't matter, it does!!! On Many levels... Like, I looked at the suite next to my room, it had NO balcony (VERY Few rooms do in the main building) and it didn't have an extra half bath, so it was dead "extra room" and I made out totally on the room I had!
ALL rooms in the main building, as you may know, were totally renovated as of just earlier this year!
Bathroom- To Die for... DOUBLE SINKS (HUGE with me) as well as a great tub and separate shower.
TOP notch on all.... I never ever saw room service and my room was attended to every time I left!!
OK- I wish I could just BOTTLE THE SMELL of the Lobby which heads into the gorgeous Outside Breakfast Area..... Entering this place is feast amoung the senses..... can't explain it and it is something I miss so much.
Bottom Line, there is NO OTHER PLACE TO STAY except the Palace; is is History; Circa 1923
It is on the BEST BEACH!!! I can't believe what others say about Copacabana... it was SPOTLESS and SAFE and MUCH MUCH nicer than Ipanema!!!
Beyond a doubt the best place ever to stay!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T wait to go back!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil