We arrived on a Saturday morning after a 9 hour flight. The hotel is approximately 30 minutes from the airport and located directly across the road from the Atlantic Ocean. An absolutely stunning art deco facade awaits as you pull into the drop off area.
Unfortunately, our reservation was lost, but Catarina did a terrific job of problem solving and had us in a beautiful ocean view room on the fifth floor within an hour. The room was exquisite. Abundant closet space and tasteful decor. A terrific bathroom with spacious tub, walk in shower with large rain head, dual sinks, and granite everywhere. This bath is tasteful and functional. The bed was extremely comfortable with perfect linens. The windows open to the sound of a busy street and the wonderful roar of the ocean. In short, this room was as nice as one would find at any five star hotel in the states.
Breakfast is served in a restaurant which overlooks the pool. Indoor and outdoor seating abounds. The buffet is full of fresh fruits and pastries. Scrambled eggs are served as well as waffles and french toast. Eggs to order are available from the kitchen. Brazilian coffee is terrific.The fare is good but not great. I'm told by the new food and beverage manager that change is coming.
Lunch was average. The caesar salad was a disaster. Pasta dishes were better. A wrap of crab meat and cheese stunk. The menu is unwieldy and the kitchen slow. Change is hopefully coming soon.
The staff at the restaurant is beyond terrific. Santos oversees the operation and does a great job. The servers are super friendly and attentive and more than make up for the average food. I am unable to adequately express in words how warm and friendly the restaurant staff is, but rest assured you will leave loving them.
The setting surrounding the pool is lovely. The bar inside the hotel is small but well staffed. Drinks are well executed and the bartenders are also first class.
The gym is adequate. Several treadmills and other aerobic equipment are available, as well as free weights and machines.
The front desk staff is beyond compare. Juliana, the front desk manager, is a total pro who goes the extra mile to make each guest feel valued. She personifies grace and class. Her staff closely follows her example.
The property is located right on the beach. A four kilometer multi use path borders the beach and is used by runners and bikers. The beach is wide and well used day and night. The surf is rough and requires caution.
This is by any measure a terrific property. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The staff is beyond compare and the rooms in the main building as one would expect from a five star property. Don't stay anywhere else in Rio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil