Location and facilities are simply great. Room which was in the connecting building and not in the main one is nice, quiet, big bed, big bathroom so all great. Airport pick-up by hotel is responsible and comfy, you can charge it on the room. Staff in the hotel very friendly.
Just some highlights on some fields how it could be even better:
- service in the restaurant during breakfast and other occasions was friendly but kind of slow
- there is no ATM within the building, would be more handy to have one especially that some international cards are still not working properly at many places in the country so only "rescue" is cash if you want e.g. to use a regular cab (normally they don't accept cards). security is good in the surroundings of the hotel and there are some ATMs but would be nicer to take it inside hotel in some circumstances
- tomatoes for breakfast :) apart from this selection is nice, especially from fruits!!
- staff at reception is really friendly, they show they care but check-out took around 25 minutes and just needed the company name published on the final invoice. this could have been done in 3 minutes
Overall stay was very pleasant and positive, I hope that I can return one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil