Belmond Copacabana Palace
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
$245
$231
  • Beachfront
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
$173
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$114
$85
Official Hotel
$500
$451
3,553 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelgrand damepoolside restaurantpool areapool staffcity viewguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down serviceluxurious hotelfive star hotelour honeymoonconcierge deskhotel guestsbeach service
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is old but has great charm I love it but prefer Ipanema due to business had to stay there; unfortunately the WIFI needs to be fixed or they might need to increase speed or gigas. I lost business for not getting the information as quick as need it.

Room Tip: Get a SIM card for you in order to back you up with WIFI
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Turista2000
Adriano S, Assistant to the General Manager at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your message. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel. Regarding to the internet, we are sorry to read that you have faced limitations. We would like to inform you that the Wi-FI service is measured and evaluated constantly according to the demand of our clients and guests . In addition, we have a IT team that is prompt to assist and investigate when some especific performance is not going through.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Copacabana Palace with my 60 year old parents and I find it very nice. This is the most famous and well known hotel in Rio. They loved it and want to stay there next time they visit Rio. However, I find that age 28, I am one of the youngest guests in the hotel.

I believe during the week it is more of a business hotel and during the weekend the couples that stay there are on the older side. I visited this hotel for breakfast when my sister was in Rio, just so she could see the most famous hotel in Rio and we were pretty surprised that the average age of the breakfast patrons was about 80. So, depending on what you are in to and what age you are, this might be the perfect place for you.

When I stayed there we were not in the main building but in the adjacent tower. The hotel is very nice and is recently remodled in anticipation of the World cup. The rooms are great and super classy and the food is good. They also have a nice bar with piano music playing during cocktail hour.

However, there is not much of a nightlife scene in the Copacabana Palace. If you are young and looking for a party scene I suggest staying another place in Ipanema or Leblon.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lauren P
Adriano S, Assistant to the General Manager at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear guest,
We do apreciate your comments and impressions related to your stay with us.
About nightlife in Copacabana, we would like to recommend our Bar do Copa that is excellent and inside the hotel. Next time you visit Rio, do not hesitate to know it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Staying in this hotel is like going back in time! So many dignitaries, actors, performers have stayed here... It's situated perfectly across from Copacabana Beach. One of my favorite things about my room, was my bed. It was absolute heaven! I had a city view and can only imagine what an ocean view room would of been like... Everyone at the hotel aims to please! This hotel encompasses glamour at a different level! If you're wondering if you should stay here, wonder no more- just do it and you will not regret it.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dea guest,
Thank you very much for your beautiful response. We are very glad to read about your unforgetable stay and experience with our Hotel and city.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We loved the hotel and service from minute one of arrival. Check in was quick, the desk clerk was able to convert money for us and the room was spacious and beautiful. We were in a room in the main building- this room did not have a view but it hardly mattered as it was so comfortable. The bathroom had a large soaking tub as well as large shower. The pool was absolutely gorgeous and the service there was excellent- towels, shade umbrellas, drinks, food- we couldn't have asked for more. The concierge was very helpful in making dinner recommendations and reservations. We don't speak any Portuguese (English-speaking only) but did not have any problem communicating with the staff. It was clear the main building had just been renovated as the paint still smelled fresh in the hallways and gave it a particularly clean, crisp look. They were setting up for their Magic Ball and we got to look at some of the Carnival dresses and headpieces- they were fascinating. The security at the hotel was omni-present without being overwhelming. The beach set up was ok- they set up chairs, umbrellas and provided water and cold towels but no food or beverage service there. You can buy drinks and food at various places on the beach and along Avenida Atlantica. We both had massages at their spa and enjoyed them. The spa locker room was well appointed and the staff was professional. The treatment rooms were lovely- appropriately lit, clean, warm tables, the whole nine yards. I used the gym one day. It has several treadmills, a couple bikes, free weights and universal machines. They also offer personal training sessions which I did not utilize but someone was working out with a trainer when I was there and they seemed to working well together. All in all, I loved this hotel and would come back to Copacabana only to stay there.

Room Tip: Great views from Partial & front ocean rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for posting so many positive and remarkable details about your stay. Our goal is always to provide excellence in serving our guests and we are very grateful to know that we made you feel happy here.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Copacabana Palace has got to be one of the greatest and best hotels in the world. Although pricey and five star, you can really feel relaxed and as casual as you like. The pool area is great, especially for people watching ;-)
The breakfast and lunch buffets could not have been better. Really exceptional and ate way too much. The quality of the food was exceptional and the staff so friendly and really could not do enough for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family