$166
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$139
$102
$180
$258
$229
Sofitel
  • Beachfront
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$150
$113
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$561
3,621 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelpoolside restaurantgrand damepool areacity viewpool staffguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down serviceluxurious hotelfive star hotelconcierge deskhotel guestsbeach serviceoverlooking the beach
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed at the Copacabana palace the night before a cruise on Azamara Journey for Christmas 2011. Beautiful hotel, nice lobby, pleasant rooms with marble baths. Nice big tub, comfy beds. Check in was courteous and reasonably efficient. Had lunch by the pool which was pleasant though a bit plain and expensive. While Copacabana beach is a beautiful beach right outside the front door I would not recommend walking around at night. I noticed people watching very closely when I went to an ATM down the street and the outdoor bar/restaurant 2 blocks down the street was well equipped with prostitutes on the barstools. i think I'd choose something in Ipanema area next time

2  Thank mike m
fabiana_luiz, Assistant to the GM at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Copacabana Palace Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I was expecting big things from this hotel but have to say was rather disappointed with the poor quality of the food for room service and also the pool menu. Cocktails were also lousy and not very well made.

For the price and reputation as the best hotel in Rio, I expected much better.

I also had booked a sea view room, but was given a city view room as all there sea rooms were fully booked, managed to change rooms after a couple of days.

What I would recommend though if you visit with your partner is the duo spa treatment, was superb and very romantic if your looking to surprise or impress.

Apart from the spa, my overall experience was very average.

Room Tip: Ask to book in the main building if possible.
1  Thank Fiaz9860

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Copacabana Palace Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Copacabana Palace Hotel, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed in Copacabana Palace for a weekend and I can say it was one of my best stays ever.
The hotel is not exactly modern or impressive. It is quite traditional but sophisticated.
Rooms are extremely comfortable (even those small ones). No noise, amazing bed and pillows, large bathroom, nice shower.
The service level is definitely impressive. Courier, room service, breakfast. Everything was impeccable.
The great feature however was the amazing swimming pool! Sunny all day long, perfect temperature and no winds (since it is located in the middle of the building).
Location of course is not the best. Copacabana has been one of the most fancy neighborhoods in Rio, but it is not anymore.
If you are looking for modern hotel with good location, try Fasano instead.
If you are looking for a sexy experience, James Bond style, Copa is the right choice!!!

2  Thank lilianbrazilian
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I've been to other Orient Express hotels and was a little disappointed with this one. The service was impeccable and the care with which the staff treated the clients was top-notch. What I found to be lacking were the out-dated rooms.

There are two towers and I stayed in the main tower or the original building which had a lot of charm but the rooms had too much of this "old-world" charm.

I was told that they will be remolding the building in 2012, so I expect awesome rooms by January 2013.

Room Tip: You must stay in the main building and facing the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Gabriel G

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at Copacabana Palace.

Comments received from guests provide us with valuable feedback.

We also hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was travelling to Rio for the first time with my boyfriend, he was at the city for business....Excellent hotel, awesome swimming pool, great service, but the SPA... the place is beautiful, Massage treatments are the best... but for what price ? I had the opportunity to chat a little with one of the masseuse and he end up explaining that they get the worse payment ever, something around U$ 15 dollars a massage ? Although The Copacabana Spa charges more than everybody else in the city.Please be sure to tip the Therapist, they are starving there... This Masseuse told me that tips are not included at service at all...

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila R
fabiana_luiz, Assistant to the GM at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your post even after so long.

I would like to clarify some points regarding your comments, in reality, a masseuse is currently paid a fee or R$ 40, 00 per treatment, which is close to US$80, 00 at the current exchange rate. Therefore a masseuse who does five 50-minute treatments a day would earn US$ 400, 00 per day. This means by working a five day week a masseuse earns more than 60% of Brazilian workers earn in a month, so it is completely ludicrous to suggest they are underpaid, much less starving. Furthermore, many masseurs also earn tips with further complements their income, especially as tips are tax free. The rates we pay are actually well above the market rate in Rio, hence the long list of masseurs who desire to work at the hotel.

I hope this clarifies your concern.