3,661 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelpoolside restaurantgrand damepiano barpool areacity viewpool serviceguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down serviceluxury hotelhotel guestsoverlooking the beachlate checkvisit rio
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Even if you arent staying at the Copacabana you must try a drink at the bar!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

From the incompetent Concierge to the less then average pool bar/restaurant - not worth the money or time.
Extremely overrated.
There are many other alternatives in Rio along the many beaches.
Don't waste time at the Copacabana - a eeal shame considering its history

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank Anne M
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Copacabana Palace Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Copacabana Palace Hotel, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Andréa Natal

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The previous review “inspired” me to write my own.
The hotel was nice, I agree, but far from perfect in any way. I understand that the competition between hotels in Rio is very low, thus the overall quality is relatively poor including CP. But this is not the point. The point is that the stealing in small quantities is considered in this hotel a normal way of living. "Let's try" - they say, there is big chance that this will go unnoticed. But in my case it was not cash it was a much wiser approach - credit card. Here is the short story. Four days after I checked out from the CP hotel I receive a notification for a charge - and guess how much - $30 (read the previous review about cash). So I called - and a rather unfriendly receptionist pointed out that this was a charge from a pool after I had checked out. I said – that I after we had checked out we were escorted to the cab for the airport and that I stated during check out that there should not be any other additional charges. Do you think I receive an apology - no way - she started raising her voice. I said this is enough; I am going to call American express and tell them to put your hotel on a black list for scams. And I called, not the American express, but the Orient Express worldwide headquarter. And guess what? in just several minutes I received a message with an apology from CP.

And, General Manager, we appreciate your “nice” responses. But, we are not stupid; there are at least dozen of reviews about stealing in your hotel by cleaning staff and no changes what so ever. I am not even talking about simple follow up from the management - NONE. So, please, do something and follow up with guests, this is the only way to restore your credibility.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank ulatik
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you again for your adicional comments.
I am extremely concerned to read of your disappointing experience and I apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you may have had.
I assure you that we will look into the matter.

Andréa Natal

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Yes, yes - if you stay in Rio, the CP is likely THE place. Our informal walk-thrus of neighboring hotels made us pleased with our choice - especially since we got 50% off the std rack-rate.

But do beware the cleaning staff. I left about $400 and 2 passports in my carry-on front pocket, zipped but not locked. After the first night's "cleaning," I found $30 missing. Bummer, of course, but no catastrophe. I calmly informed the front desk - expecting absolutely NO reimbursement (and getting none). They did their nicely staged "front desk theatrical review" for us: concern; mouths agape; mock horror; frantic writing of room number, times; promises to investigate; etc. That alone was probably worth $30. But alas, nothing ... not even a complimentary pillow mint.

Minor theft notwithstanding, the hotel was nice and stay pleasant enough. But if there were some hotel in the same league as CP in Rio, I'd never return here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank Man-in-Moscow
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at Copacabana Palace.
I was extremely concerned about to read of the lost of the amount of $ 30,00.

I assure that a serious process of investigation was done and nothing was founded. In addition, I would like to mention that our trustable Cleaning Team has been working with us for years and all the issues are not considered in a superficial way.

Could it be possible that you have lost the money in other place or occasion?

Andrea Natal
General Manager.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Made my stay in Rio a memorable experience. Hanging out at the pool or on the top floor is a must!

Watch out: don't go to the beach after sunset, it's dangerous...

• Stayed: March 2011
5  Thank JapanTravelExplorer

Dear Guest,
We really apreciate receiving positive comments from our guests. We are very happy to know that we' ve provided you a remarkable experience in our hotel.

About the beaches at night, we would like to inform you that the area in front of the hotel is safer.

Andrea Natal