3,660 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelpoolside restaurantgrand damepiano barpool areacity viewpool staffguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down serviceluxury hotelconcierge deskhotel guestsbeach serviceoverlooking the beach
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked the hotel as it was no1 rated on TripAdvisor. Although the hotel was nice, it was nothing special and felt dated in several areas, including our room. It is a comfortable hotel with nice staff but not really a 5 star hotel.

The breakfast was very expensive and of poor quality, the hotel lacked a bar with a decent scene. I would suggest the hotel is best for the 50+ looking for a quiet getaway from the hectic pace of Rio. In summary, average hotel very average location. Stay in Ipanema a far better experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenjyLondon_UK
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Seldom do I travel and pay $485usd per night to stay at a hotel, however, this hotel is definitely worth it. When you arrive on the grounds of the hotel you are greeted by the lobby men whom take your luggage right away and bring you inside. All workers are dressed in white uniforms an white gloves. As you reach the counter everyone speaks multiple languages and helps you in any way possible.

I purchased two one bedrooms. The first bedroom was large and very well kept with an incredible bathtub. The second did not have a bathtub and was definitelynsmaller. I went imediately downstairs and complained about the size of the room. They immediately gave the bell boy 3 different keys and told me to choose the one I like. I was shown suits and ocean view room which were incredible. I eneded up staying in room 305 which was a fantastic sea facing room with a small balcony.

Fantastic service. They will cater to whatever need you have!

The pool is amazing and heated and the club downstairs is great. Packed to the door with people 18 to early 30s; very happening club with great drinks.

Room Tip: No tip. Just walk in or call in advance.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bmhanlon
Reviewed June 5, 2011

If you can find a nicer hotel, let me know. But be prepared to pay for it. Beach front in Rio is IMHO as expensive as anywhere in the world. They upgraded us to a ocean view suite which was great...nice touch. There are lots of business people here but even though I was walking around in a bathing suite I was treated the same way. Security is crazy....never was worried about the local area. Beach is right across the street. Buffets are available for all meals (gourmet plate service also). Paid $180.00 for 2 for lunch buffet!!!!!. We laughed at the 300.00 bottle of Grey Goose Vodka they were selling. American products get taxed HEAVILY by Brazil. Overall, if money is not a problem, and you want to experience luxury. Stay here.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank palmer77
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Copacabana Palace for our 30th wedding anniversary during our travels in south america.
What a fantastic and memorable experience. We reserved a beachfront room and were delighted to be told on check-in we had ben upgraded to a suite.
While others have discussed how stylish the hotel is,( and it is) what impressed us was the staff. Check-in, the breakfast staff and the doormen were all very helpful and friendly.
I would especially like to acknowledge Monica on check-in and Divido on the concierge desk.
While the hotel may be a bit more expensive than alternatives, it is worth every cent for the experience, really, how often are you going to go to Rio, you may as well have the best experience while feeling completely safe.
Thankyou for giving us such wonderful memories.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank johnofsydney
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Nice hotels in Rio are hard to come by- haven't stayed at the Fasano, but the Copa is a very nice hotel with appropriate reserved international "scene quotient". I stayed in the art deco building at behind the pool (where most corporate rates are relegated to). Room quality was excellent- not trendy or boutique, but rather restrained traditional. Room faced a noisy street in copacabana, though at night it seemed less noticeable. Two beefs though: (i) porters will not get you a normal street taxi when asked, and instead direct you to the hotel taxi's, which charge outrageous rates, and (ii) like many emerging market hotels, they don't keep small change to facilitate changes from larger bills. Room service prices are very high- but then again, prices in Brazil right now have gone a bit crazy at the nice end of the market.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Globetrekker63
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Copacabana Palace Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectations .

Andréa Natal