Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$144
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$207
$112
$174
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$114
$84
Official Hotel
$501
$451
  • Beachfront
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$353
$344
1,900 results
All reviewscaesar parktop floorbeach servicerooftop restaurantfeijoadajunior suiteconcierge staffperfect locationocean viewbeach chairscorner roomfive star hotellate checkrestaurants and shopschrist the redeemeripanemagym
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Let me explain. I think this hotel would qualify as downright ghetto if it were in the US. It's old. Needs renovation. But the staff is very friendly and helpful. But the best thing is the view from the room. I was fortunate enough to have a ocean view. It was really, really stunning. I can't say enough. The sunset was also incredible beautiful over the "two brothers" mountains. The location of the hotel is in the center of where the oceanside culture happens. Street vendors, the strip, the restaurants and of course the beach. The hotel's food was ok. They take a bit of time to get orders out. And there's bit of a language gap if you're an American who didn't have time to learn enough portuguese to prepare for the visit (which I didn't.) But the staff really works hard and tries hard to make your stay pleasant. My room was always well kept with morning and turndown service. The front desk staff worked hard to take care of problems. And when I had a small snag, I got an email front the hotel's general manager to make sure I was ok. It might not be the newest or the best hotel. But I think Sofitel will work it's magic in the coming months. But there is no doubt that this hotel is in the perfect place to enjoy Rio as it should be enjoyed. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Spring for the ocean side room. You will not regret it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Mr. "Cleavetwo",

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services and product!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I am really glad of choosing this hotel since it has a great location close by the beach and other places of interest. The service offered to guests by all the hotel staff is really good and typical of the Brazilian good mood.
Felt like I was at home

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Mr. "tatosalaverria",
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema managed by Sofitel, we are very glad to hear that your stay went so well and that you got to experience the Magnifique Brazilian Spirit!
We hope to welcome you back soon at your home in Ipanema!

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

My room was on same floor where there was a construction. i wake up with heavy hammer noise. considering price paid (almost 400 usd) this is inacceptable and management should be ashame. renting these rooms is no respect to guests and against high standard hospitality rules. furthermore when i was checking out i saw receptionist (frederico) who did my checkin and made my commentary. he look at me and ignored my complain and left reception desk.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Fadi A
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear "FadiA",
Thank you for leaving comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema. We strive to provide a superior experience for every customer; this would include product and service. We are currently refurbishing some of our areas, and we do apologies for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great location right on the beach. Other plus points include free wi-fi (great that this is not becoming standard) and super buffet breakfast. But expensive - not super luxurious and only a small pool and gym. Laundry costs are horrific.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear "DTW101",
Thank you for your time and comment!
We have been working on several points of improvements in the hotel and are happy to read the changes are noticed. Accor has bought this property recently and we will be having some work done, this includes a new pool and gym project.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was more than surprised at the internal state of the hotel as the standard of cleanliness was unacceptable - thick dust and dirty light switches, no "in-room" information, pictures crooked, furniture fabrics badly stained, windows dirty (shame as the view was stunning). The front desk staff and manager I spoke with were trying to be helpful - but what can you say when you have such an aged old product - however, there is little excuse for dirt?

The restaurant on the 23rd floor provides a fine view and start of day - here again the experience was bitter sweet with some staff caring and others not explaining at all how breakfast worked and little eye contact.

My advice is to steer well clear of the hotel. There is no doubt refurbishment in progress meantime the high price of rooms and poor ameneties makes this a poor choice.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to avoid all-night road and reveller noise. I had a corner room with main window beach front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank TechnoProf

Dear "TechnoPro",
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We strive to provide a Magnifique experience for every customer, and as you have mentioned we have started with the refurbishment process. Your feedback is very important to us, please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better you in the near future.