“Excellent I would not hesitate to book again”

Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema
Ranked #44 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great hotel, staff on reception could be better but once the duty manager is engaged then they come to life. I arrived very early and although my room was not ready I waited for 3 hours. I know the person who checked me in and I will not deal with him again.........useless other than that this a great place. The concierge was the best she really helped, rooms are great, location is great so I am not going to let the incompetence of one lazy person ruin a very good stay. I am sure they know who he is. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services. I regret for the checkin service, we are already addressing the situation to avoid it from happening again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

If you spend 350 US$ per night you expect something decent, at least. On the contrary we lined up for everything, from check-in to entering a miserable breakfast salon, not to talk about the decadent and slow beach service! The room was dirty, with old tube, broken bed and dusty old-fashioned furniture. I feel I wasted my money!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank francesca2430

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the issues of cleaness and services, and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better you in the near future.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hotel is situated half way between post 9 and 10 (Portuguese Post=Posto, which is a bath house). Great view of the whole beach if you are on high floor.

A 5 star hotel price but 3.5 star hotel room quality. Breakfast is 4 to 4.5 star hotel type.
The breakfast is suited to a 4 star hotel. Nothing to complaint about the variety of food in the buffet breakfast. Behind the breakfast floor (23rd floor) and next to the elevator is the doorway to the gym. When you go to the gym you climb up a flight of staircase and you have the full view of the Ipanema beach from one end to the other.

The hotel is of Sofitel chain, so you could produce your Sofitel membership card to earn some points. Hotel is very expensive which is in line with ALL the beach hotels in Rio de Janeiro. For the same quality in USA the cost would be about half.

Everyday I have two pieces of small chocolates on my pillow and a small fruit tray. You get to sample some local fruit (depends on your luck, it could be banana, apple, pears, grape, and some Brazilian fruit)

You can get a few different version of the tourist map from the Concierge (regular size and pocket size).

At the lobby there is jeweler store. Walk in and they will offer you a piece of polished colored stone for souvenir for free for stopping by.

If you are tired of the hotel restaurant, you could sample outside restaurant. Go to the front of the hotel and exit, turn to you left and onto the Maria Quiteria street. About 100 meter is a busy intersection. 350 meter from the hotel is the intersection of Barao da Torre. There is some restaurants too. Beaware that the price is much higher where the country where you come from (Rio de Janeiro is the number 6 most expensive city in the world – by year 2012 survey).

This hotel is especially suited for business travel, meaning a lot of companies business traveler stay here.

Do not be surprise when you check out and get the bill. It has tax charged on the tax that you paid (weird).

Location wise, you just walk across the street and 10 meter away from the hotel is the sandy beach. Sit down and watch the parade of women in tiny Brazilian bikini pass in front of your eyes. This is a land of equal opportunity, so bikini wearer come in all shapes and sizes and age too.

No area of Rio de Janeiro is safe, but this hotel location is a little better than other. However, do not be the tranquility of the street fool you into thinking it is safe. Be on lookout when you walk. Walking in a number of 2 or 3 does not guarantee that you would not be robbed. Trust me. I live in Ipanema for a year now and I knew and personally witness a few robberies right in front of my eyes. Walking at 10am on a crowded street or beach sideway does not guarantee you would not be robbed by a cyclist. Heed the advice of the local, never wear any gold chain (even fake one) when you are out of the hotel.

Overall, a decent hotel. I am on a business trip so the company pay the bill and I can not complain for the high price.

Room Tip: It is obvious: request a room that faces the beach front. However, it is also obvious that it is go...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank baketown89

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel charges five star prices but is NOT a five star hotel. It is a good four stars one.

The location is great, just cross from the beach in Ipanema, between kiosks 9 and 10; they provide beach service (chair, towels and umbrella) and on WE they add a nice touch by going around with fruit skewers. The location is unbeatable, walking distance from restaurants and fun venues.

The welcome if professional and friendly.
The rooms are modern, comfortable and they have nice toiletries and quality towels. There is a TV with international stations (dish) and a small ,needless to say, overpriced mini-bar. They provide bottled waters nightly and an afternoon courtesy service to "open the bed. Our floor was not renovated so there is an old touch to it and our carpet was stained in many places (room 1003). HVAC control is also old fashioned. We had a front facing room with great view over the Ocean.

The lounge is cold and in my opinion unwelcoming, I did not feel like having a drink there. This hotel is geared toward business man and there was a LOT of them around, which feels weird when you are walking shirtless and in swimming trunks/flip flops and people are in suits! The business office is very decent with PCs. BTW internet connection is free and quite fast.

They also has a Spa which is their weakness. It's on the 23rd floor; there is a tiny swimming pool with a dining area on the Right and then on the left there is a door that leads to the Spa; it needs urgently a restoration; I tried to show it in a picture. The spa is small, the showers are tiny and they are mixed; the Sauna is huge and the steam room is dangerously hot; no kidding the temp must have been 100 degrees, I could not even open the door this thing was so hot. The gym on the last floor is a metallic addition to the bldg kind of; it's very good, lots of aging but decent equipment (see pic).

Overall I think it is a great hotel; but it is expensive for what it offers; the luxury is only in the location and personal service (good effort) but not in the amenities or facility.

Bkfast is ridiculously expensive btw if you don't have it included.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Naim00

Dear guest,

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services thought remodeling rooms and common areas.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from March 21-24th as part of a Tauck tour. It was wonderfully located with beautiful views of Ipanema beach. Rooms and service were excellent.

What made this hotel absolutely unique was my experience after we left. I left my brand new IPhone 5s behind. Not only did Housekeeping turn it in, but management sent it to me by Fedex at their expense! Can any customer experience be better than this?

Room Tip: Get a room facing the beach for a beautiful view and the sound of surf to lull you to sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jgourd

Dear guest,

Please let us know when your plans brings you to this city again, and will be a pleasure to assist you!

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Most amazing views of Ipanema beach. Service is always with a smile and nothing is too much trouble. Management and staff went above and beyond to make my birthday celebration extra special. Hotel is in a great location and the beach service is a major plus. Great views with buffet breakfast with a vast array of fruit, juices, hot and cold items and eggs made to order and the Feijoada on Saturday was really tasty. I will be returning!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services. And we wish you a happy birthday again!

We are waiting for your next visit, and we wish this will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very well located in front of Ipanema beach. Service is ok. Rooms have enough space. Furniture is not new. Bathtube and sink looks old. Breakfast could be better too. Fitness club needs new painting, equipment and space. If you want a Sofitel in Rio de Janeiro I would recommend the one in Copacabana.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rodrigo V

Dear Guest,

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the issues and prevent future occurrence.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel