Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
$500
$451
  • Beachfront
$173
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$313
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
$230
$184
1,901 results
All reviewscaesar parktop floorbeach servicerooftop restaurantfeijoadajunior suiteconcierge staffperfect locationocean viewbeach chairscorner roomfive star hotellate checkrestaurants and shopschrist the redeemeripanemagym
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Spent a couple of hours in JAN deciding whether to stay at Copacabana or Ipanema beach. All hotels are across the street (or further away) from the beach at both places. Stayed here the week after Carneval, 5 nights. On Executive floor level, had access to Business lounge on 23rd floor. Expensive hotel - paid ~ R$ 1010 (incl. taxes) for each night FRI and SAT, and ~ R$ 875 each night for SUN, MON, TUE night. Or from $429 to $372. Had a queen bed plus a roll away twin - 3 adults in the room. Got an ocean view room. Nice bathroom. Breakfast not included (> $35 each - did not partake). Beach chairs / umbrella / towels included. 1 of the 3 elevators was out of commission for our entire visit. Concierge desk (especially Joanna) was VERY helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron T
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro
managed by Sofitel

Reviewed March 21, 2014

You know you are in trouble when you go to brush your teeth, turn on the tap and the water comes out BROWN! I had to let it run for about 3 minutes until it came out clear. Then took a shower in the tub/shower combo and the drain wouldn't drain so I was standing in 4 inches of dirty water when I was through. I came here on a tour where we were supposed to be staying in five star hotels and I'd give this one three stars at most, mostly because of the location and view. Other people on my tour also had brown water. One lady cut her foot on a piece of glass that was next to her bed which meant a trip to the ER for her. The pool is a joke, it's probably 12 x 12 feet big and is located in front of the restaurant on the 23rd floor. Who wants to sit by the pool with people eating their lunch staring at you? Plus as of this sorting the pool deck area is blocked off so there is no view of the beach or any lounge chairs set up. When I went to the beach yesterday there was no one attending the tent where I was supposed to get a chair and umbrella set up. Finally a guy showed up but said he had no umbrellas. He put a chair on the sand for me then said he'd be back in five minutes with an umbrella which was actually a half hour which was a really long time in 97 degree heat. The front desk people aren't very helpful. I needed a late check out and was given and extra hour and then heard the couple standing next to me get an extra three hours. From what I've heard there are much better places to stay so that's what I would recommend. This place is not cheap so value for money is not good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura C
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better you in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Spent 5 nights here with friends, very disappointing stay... Great location is the only advantage of this hotel, it is not even close to 4 stars!!! Clean rooms but hotel needs major renovations, rooftop pool is very small. Very slow service everywhere, breakfast is ok but not worth the price. Front desk is not helpful, moreover final bill was with a lot of extras that was charged to my room by someone else... Would not stay here again, don't waste your money!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gionewyork

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Spent a night before flying out of Rio, very nice hotel, but a little disappointed that breakfast wasn't included when paying a quite substantial amount for the room. Staff is very professional and friendly, as expected.

Room Tip: Ocean front view are overrated, go for side view - more to see!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoelG78
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear guest,

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improving the quality of our services.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro
managed by Sofitel

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was supposed to be a 5-star hotel. I would give it 2, or maybe 3 on a good day. We booked 3 nights there, non-refundable, so we were stuck. Our room looked out onto an old building across the street. The bathroom sink backed up each time we used it, and the same with the toilet. This hotel needs some serious renovations. Breakfast was served in a generic large room, set up with some blue uncomfortable straight-back conference chairs--no charm whatsoever! Lobby was nothing special either. The hotel is generally devoid of any charm. It reminds me of a basic business hotel, and an average one at that. As far as location goes, next time I will stay closer to the central Leblon area. This hotel is adjacent to a dangerous (and unsightly) vacant lot and canal, that many guide books advise to stay away from due to crime issues.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple