Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$360
$346
$501
$454
  • Beachfront
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$150
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$149
$120
$174
$214
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$116
$96
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$123
$85
Official Hotel
1,901 results
All reviewscaesar parktop floorbeach servicerooftop restaurantfeijoadajunior suiteconcierge staffperfect locationocean viewbeach chairscorner roomfive star hotellate checkrestaurants and shopschrist the redeemeripanemagym
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My first time in Brazil and Rio.
I could not have started my trip any more enjoyable and memorable than by staying in the Caesar Park on Ipanema Beach.
The hotel's location is superb, right across the road on Ipanema Beach, with the most wonderful views on to the ocean, even if you only go for a 'sideview' room. Try and get any rooms above the 16th floor. The staff is exceptionally helpful, courteous and very efficient. Any queries and inquiries simply go to the concierge....the best I have encountered on my travels.
The rooms are modern, spacious and have all the amenities you would expect. The breakfast and/or lunch on the 23rd floor is a MUST. The views are spectacular, the service impeccable and the (small) pool will do for a cooling splash...all in all highly recommendable.
Rio in March is hot and humid...apparently according to some locals..go in August/Sept/October. The heat is dry and more bearable (around 25C) and the prices are low!!
Please remember: the beach service of the hotel is free and very comfortable and efficient!
..AND do not miss the daily procession of joggers/walkers/onlookers as from 5.30AM on Ipanema!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro – Managed by Sofitel, and also for sending your comments to us at the end of your stay.

It is with pleasure that we receive your remarks and acknowledge that our services were up to your desires and expectations.

We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

Rest Regards,

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family of two adults and two kids (ages 9 and 10) stayed at the Caesar for 6 nights. We stayed for 4 nights, then traveled to Buzios and came back for 2 more nights. We had two connecting rooms on the 16th floor. We had the breakfast two mornings and our regret was not having it for all 6 mornings - it was the best breakfast I have had in years. Great choice of fruits, cheeses, hot foods, pastries, etc. The rooms are large, nicely furnished and comfortable - rooms could use new carpets as they were a bit worn and dirty. I worked quite a bit and the use of the desk was great, wifi was fantastic. I tried both the paid wifi with faster service and they were both acceptable. Pool was nothing special, but views from the pool were outstanding. The service staff was super friendly and went out of their way to help us. The concierge helped us with many good restaurant choices and even helped us to rent a car which we could park for free at the hotel! The location across from Ipanema beach and just north of Leblon is hard to beat. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

Rest Regards,

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Caesar Park Ipanema March 21st through March 26th. I understand that it’s now being managed by Sofitel, a chain which I adore. However, I didn’t see too much of Sofitel's culture ingrained into the hotel as of yet. Either way, I thought it was an overall positive stay. When I researched this hotel, I didn’t find a lot of pictures or the bathroom or bedrooms so I added a few to this review.

Hotel
I rate this at about 3.5 to 4 star hotel (US standards). The restaurant is quite small, the outdoor/pool area is in need of major renovation and the restaurant staff wasn’t all that nice.

There is a bar area, though very small and not too inviting as it sits behind a wall and you can’t really do a lot of "people watching". There is a counter past the concierge that converts currency.

There are cameras everywhere, which made us feel very safe.

We arrived at 11am and check-in was not until 3pm. We were very excited and appreciative that the front desk did everything they could to get us into a room earlier.

Hotel Room
The hotel room was OK. It was obvious that the room and furniture were a lil dated though everything was very clean. The bed was pretty comfortable and I liked the partial view of the room.

The bathroom was the most dated area. It was all marble but the shower doors were rusty looking and needed to be replaced. Also, I found icky rust in the bathroom so it might be time for a change there as well.

Again, everything was very clean so that rates a lot higher than furniture in my book.

Bath gel, shampoo, lotion, conditioner and soap are all available and replaced/added daily

The staff added bottles of water to the turndown service which was very much appreciated.

I spent my birthday at this hotel and they snuck into my room while we were out to deliver a yummy mango cake with "Parabens" in chocolate, very sweet gesture.

The hotel delivered a few yummy desserts "just because". I liked that a lot

Location
This hotel has the most perfect location in Rio de Janiero. There are a number of hotels that say Ipanema but really, there are only a handful that are (in my opinion) in true Ipanema (the area with the multitude of bars and restaurants). The "hot spot" of Ipanema rests between Praca de Paz and Praca Espanha, from the beach all the way through to the bay. This area (more specifically Barao da Torre) is filled with yummy restaurants, though they can be a bit pricey. Also, I always felt safe in this area. My fiancé and I made a point to remove all jewelry before leaving for a night on the town but we never saw anything to make us nervous. The streets are all lined with trees though beware of the uneven ground. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes! Please note that Ipanema is mainly an area for residents. Most of the tourists reside in Copacabana. For that reason, you'll find a very crowded but fine beach, minimal hotels and tons of restaurants and local bars.

Room Tip: Partial view, high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelbuglove83

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Hotel Rio de Janeiro – Managed by Sofitel, also for sending your remarks at the end of your stay.

Please be sure that your suggestions were carefully analyzed.

We hope to welcome you soon to "Cidade Maravilhosa"!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I always try to stay in accor hotels when on a trip, so I in Rio and opting for 5 star, i could choose between the Sofitel on CopacAbana and ceasar park at ipanema. Read my review of sofitel!
Ceasar park is nice hotel:
Positive:
Breakfast: the best in Rio
Location: on the beach, 2 blocks away from the best shopping, close to lagoa, close to leblon ( great restaurants)
Rooms: spacey and great bed
Negative:
Pool: the pool is just ridiculously small. And you need to pass through the restaurant to get to the four lounge chairs.
Sauna and steambath: looked like they were installed in worldwar 2
Bathroom: the bathtub was rather small, drained badly and the showerhead was fixed, so cleaning the bath was easy ( which explained why even after cleaning service came, the bathtub still had sand in it.
Towelservice: there is towelservice on the beach, and then there is a shower next to the hotel so you can clean up, but you have to leave your towel at the beachstand, and there are no towels near the shower, so what is the deal with that?

So an ok hotel, but after visiting india, a 5star hotel in Rio is just not the same as a 5star hotel in India.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveladdictions
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Every comment made by our customers is taken very seriously, as they contribute to the maintenance and improvement of our standards. Your observation concerning the beach towels was very helpfull, we really appreciated it.

Please be sure that your consideration was carefully analyzed.

We hope to welcome you soon to the "Cidade Maravilhosa"!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Together with the Copacabana Palace the Ceasar is probably one of the best located hotels in town. It claims to be a five star hotel but new owner and management (Sofitel) have realized that it clearly needs to be redone (planned according to staff); the years are showing..... The price for a small double room with side ocean view was rather high (USD 390.- incl. breakfast plus taxes etc.). We stayed 5 nights and saw a lot of people coming and going. Due to its splendid location on Ipanema beach, being a safe place for tourists, with some nice restaurants and the Leblon Shopping center close by it's certainly a good but expensive choice. Locals prefer Copacabana beach for its more casual and diverse style (in any respect) but that's up to one's preferences. The facilities (lobby, bar / restaurant, breakfast room in floor 23 etc.) are small and therefore tend to be crowded. The breakfast buffet offers an excellent variety of everything and the view from the 23rd floor is breathtaking. Service was friendly except for the reception which seemed to be overextended by too many people trying to check in. Depending on the person assigned you got nicer or less friendly service (the ladies definitely were more service oriented). Check-in quality was criticized by quite some other travelers. Concierge staff was helpful and - depending on the person on duty - spoke English. The overall rating from my perspective taking into consideration that Sofitel claims this to be a 5 star hotel is a good (better than average but not very good, which for unknown reasons is not offered to be ticked by Tripadvisor.....?!). As we did not book the hotel ourselves we did not have to make a thorough analysis of the Rio hotel world and therefore have no comparison. However, we would certainly reconsider an evaluation to stay again at the Ceasar in the future.

Room Tip: If a spectacular view is important to you and you can afford and want to spend quite some money on a full ocean view room then you should book one. In any case make sure that you get what you ask for because rooms with side view do not tend to be much cheaper. Rooms should be at least on floor 10 or higher.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter B
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you soon.