Ideally located in the centre of Copacobana and a short hop across the road to the beach where the hotel provides facilities. We were advised that we had been upgraded and certainly the view of Copacobana beach both ways was spectacular. Ask for a room on the front as whilst you may see the beach from all rooms I am sure that some will have a restricted view. It says a lot about priorities, but the square footage of the balcony was greater than the bathroom. Living in Hong Kong we are used to small rooms, but everybody might not be. We did not use the fitness facilities, but they look right out on to the beach, so can't be many better places to work out in Rio than of course on or near to the beach itself. On the 20th floor there is also a dip pool and bar facilities which again provide great views of the beach.
Breakfast was excellent and taken on the 5th floor and can't think of many better places to get you in the right mood for the day.
Previous reviews complain about the lack of English language skills, service and room quality. We did not find any of those problems and found all staff to be friendly and willing to help. It appears that management have taken on board the need to improve some of the rooms as there appears to be an upgrade in process and some noise in this respect during the day.
Bikes available for hire and easy access to the cycle tracks which take you all along Copacobana, Ipanema and around Lagoa and probably beyond if you want to venture further.
We can only speak as we found, but very happy with our stay here and would certainly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil