Sorry to say that after two weeks in Argentina and Brazil this was our least favorite place. I honestly cannot recommend this to any of our friends or family.
Pool - Great view of Christ statue and Sugarloaf from the hotel pool
Provided a room for showering/changing since we had a late flight
Pool - Service was horrible. You couldn't find anyone at the pool until noon and service was incredibly slow. I also had the pleasure of watching construction on the hotel gym all day although the front desk staff told me that the gym was open upon arrival at the hotel
Rooms - Completely lack any character. We had a corner room with a great view, but the bathroom was old and dingy.
Front Desk - At all of the hotels during our trip we were given a hotel tour but at this hotel they just pointed us in the direction of the elevator. We asked for restaurant recommendations and places to dance and they told us just to go to a certain location and walk around. If you know anything about Rio you don't want to just walk around in a random neighborhood.
Food/Drink - not great by any means when you can get the service. We preferred to have lunch and drinks at Copacabana hotel next door.
Location - I never felt safe. At night there were local women hanging about in front of the hotels waiting for - well you can figure that out. Just a terrible spot. We felt much more safe in the Leblon area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil