If you're looking for a hotel on Copacabana beach, this is the one! It's got everything... great location, wonderful staff, awesome breakfast buffet, clean & modern rooms, daily happy hour, etc.
We stayed for three nights and I was impressed from the minute we walked in. We came off a cruise ship, so we arrived early, around 9:30 a.m. We were given our room an hour later. We had booked a panoramic room and the view from our corner room (703) was great. (One of the best hotel showers I've ever experienced as far as temperature and water pressure. There was an intermittent problem with the hot water, but it always seemed to be working in the morning when we needed it between 7 - 10 a.m.)
Breakfast was included in our room rate and it was one of the highlights of the day. The variety of fresh fruits and juices was amazing. Plus, there was a large assortment of meats, cheeses, pastries, bread, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Take advantage of it, if it's included in your stay.
Happy hour drinks in the bar were delicious! The bartenders are very skilled and the caipirinhas are excellent.
The rooftop pool has amazing views from all sides.
The metro is a few blocks away, as well as, the city buses. There are supermarkets, an outdoor weekend market, souvenir shops, and restaurants just around the corner.
To get to the airport, we arranged a car through the hotel to GIG International and I think it was a good deal (around $40.)
I would stay at Porto Bay Rio again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splitty, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil