I recently stayed at the 'famous'(?!) Ipanema Plaza for one night. Unfortunately, you don't get what you pay for here. We paid about US$300 for a room barely above street level - the front of the hotel might be on a quiet street but one side of it is on a busy road, of which we could hear everything! We booked a room the same day and when we asked to change rooms, we were told there were none available? Hard to swallow considering how late we were able to book the room. The old hotel smells like stale smoke and the bathrooms are from the 70s. The breakfast was like a school canteen (gross) and the roof top pool is okay but all you can hear are the air-conditioning fans and exhausts. Also worth a mention, after we checked-in we were told our luggage would be sent up. We waited half an hour and then I gave up and went downstairs and got them myself. They were left completely unattended and no one even noticed me taking them. Wifi didn't work also. I don't enjoy writing bad reviews but I really feel that if you're going to spend US$300 (which is pretty much the norm for Rio) consider staying in a B&B or pousada instead.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Golden Tulip Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil