The hotels in Rio are very expensive and some very outdated. The Ipanema Plaza has a very good value for money.
When you arrived they informed us that we have been given an upgrade what was nice.
This hotel, contrary to some I've been in Rio, doesn't have nice common areas but the room was very nice and spacious with updated decor - and for me room is more important than common areas. From what I see in other reviews there are probably different types of rooms. The pool area is really outdated and it's a pity because it has lots of potential!
- Location - very central and you can walk to the beach and lots of stores and restaurants
- Spacious rooms with nice decor
- Free wifi (they said it was free for my type of room despite de annoying fact that needed constant login)
- Poor breakfast
- the concierge was always trying to impose on us the hotel taxi when we specifically ask for the normal yellow cab
- Outdated pool area
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Golden Tulip Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil