If you want to be near Copacabana Beach, you cant get any closer! We spent 5 nights here in February, part work, part mini break. Corner room on the 33rd floor had amazing views and was a good size plus it came with VIP check in and check out in a private area. Breakfast is also taken in a private restaurant on the ground floor which was a lot nicer an experience than the main restaurant.
There are some issues with the hotel that needs sorting out. There were a couple of cardio machines in the gym out of order for the entire stay. Its a small gym and a number of times was too busy and not enough equipment, especially with machines out of order.
The wifi in our room was pretty hit and miss, kept on dropping off and having to log in again frequently and select payment choice. This may well have just been the location of the room as within the rest of the hotel it worked pretty well. This did make it difficult for working in the room.
The indoor spa is well maintained and kept very clean. On the roof top pool deck and on the 4th floor pool deck, there are a number of tables and chairs with umbrellas but none for any of the pool loungers.
Towels are provided for the beach but getting them from a bell boy is a pain. They are too busy to be dealing with this task which requires finding a bell boy, requesting towels, signing a voucher for them and then doing the same thing when you return the towels. Takes way too long.
The beach service is a bit hit and miss and there are times when the beach attendants for the hotel run out of beach chairs and umbrellas. When you do get a beach chair, they are over due reupholstering and are downright uncomfortable because of loose fabric.
Room cleaning was friendly and fairly good but a bit more attention to detail wouldn't go amiss.
The concierge service on the ground floor is too busy for the number of guests. Renata was helpful but sometimes you had to queue for 10 minutes at times just to speak to the concierge which is frustrating.
Food served at the pool was not particularly good. The burger from the pool menu is pretty awful and synthetic with really bad burger patties, and the chicken nuggets were so overly salted and tough as to be inedible.
I would have liked to have given this property a slightly higher rating than average but don't think it deserves a tripadvisor rating of 4. It has real potential but needs to up its game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the ultimate vacation on the world-famous Copacabana Beach. Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is the biggest hotel in town and offers 545 guest rooms - 85% of them with ocean view, 36 flexible meeting rooms, two sparkling swimming pools, a full-service wellness spa, restaurants and bars, and beachside service at Copacabana’s waterfront. In addition, the hotel provides an enviable location near, local attractions, multiple dining options within walking distance, downtown and international and local airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windsor Atlantica Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Atlantica Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Iberostar Rio De Janeiro
- Iberostar Hotel Copacabana