“Great hotel near the beach”

Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
Ranked #15 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is an excellent, modern hotel. I visited in January 2013 with my 11 year-old son.

Although it is at the end of Copacobana beach, we still enjoyed the location. The beach is right across the street and the towel/parasol service is useful, although you'll sometimes have to wait. Within 10 minutes' walking distance, you will find a very large mall with all amenities, as well as restaurants, bars, banks, pharmacy, transit and anything else you may need.

The rooms and common areas are kept very clean. We loved the (side) view from our room, though you hear the hallway noise very clearly. The chocolates every evening are a nice touch. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, with a good variety including omelets and crepes, but it's the view that you'll love. The rooftop pool (adults only) has a beautiful view almost all around, and the 4th floor pool is also nice, with a bar. We didn't use the spa or exercise room, but they seemed adequate.

Service was excellent, at the beach and in the restaurant, bar and front desk. We used the concierge services a few times and they were excellent. Very informative, knowledgeable and helpful which hasn't been the case everywhere I stayed in Brazil. You can almost always get service in English, if you need. They really do it right here.

My only real complaint would be wifi. As others have mentioned, it is quite expensive and at this price, I would expect coverage to be consistent, but we spent long hours unable to get a connection, so definitely an area for improvement for this otherwise flawless hotel. Other services such as laundry were expensive as well, as you would expect from this type of hotel (laundering a t-shirt is the same price as crossing the street to buy another - hmmm).

I highly recommend this hotel to any traveller. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: As others have said, the higher the better, and make sure to have a full or side view of the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed for about a week at Windsor Atlantica and were very happy with our choice. The location is great, the hotel has beach service (towels, chairs and umbrellas), the breakfast was probably the best part - anything that you might want at breakfast, they have it. The hotel is recently renovated, so the lobby and the rooms are in great condition. The spa was ok, rooftop pool are has amazing views. The concierge is extremely helpful in making reservations or giving recommendations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel is an excellent choice. It has 2 swimming pools, on the 4th and 39th floor, good area for events and wonderful breakfast (with sooooo many options), in a room that faces the sea.

The hotel offers a very nice view from the 39th, when relaxing at the swimming pool you can see Leme beach, the Sugar Loaf and also the Guanabara Bay. I recommend to use this pool in the morning, cause it gets a bit hot at the end of the day, when its sunny.

The pool on the 4th floor is also nice and you can see he beach as well.

The bedrooms seem new, ask one with a view, the higher, the better.

There is also beach service, but all the chairs where all being used...The team was nice and they whatched out our stuff when we entered the sea.

Room Tip: The higher, the better! Ask for a sea view, even if lateral, it's nice! The elevators are a bit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel was fantastic! Everything was excellent: service, food, location and room. There was a wonderful roof top pool (adults only) where you could gaze out at the sugar loaf mountain and along Copacabana beach.We really ended our honeymoon on a high staying here.It was the most expensive hotel I've stayed in but it was worth it.
The breakfast room was huge! Filled with everything imaginable. Amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for amazing views of Copacabana beach.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScarletDublin
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for four nights and were very pleased by this hotel. It's in located in the beginning of Copacabana so not that central to Impanema or Leblon but a quick. Taxi ride. It's right across from the beach and they offer great beach services. The staff was friendly and gave us good recommendations. The. Free. Real fast was absolutely phenomenal, one of the best fruits I have ever had. They have a great omelette and waffle station. Must see on the 39 floor the rooftop pool and view, we discovered it on our last day. Also amazing well equipped gym. Overall very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: Get the. Ocean front or a side view with the city and the beach. We were on the. 25 floor and it was...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nancy d
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was luckily enough to stay here for a night due to mechanical issues on my flight back to the States. The airline put us up at Atlantica for a night and it was AWESOME. I had previously been to Rio on 2 other trips and have stayed in 3 other Windsor properties. This is by far the nicest one with the best staff and a great location. The bed was great, the linens were clean and soft. The view was amazing. If and when I come back to Rio, I will stay here. Definitely not the other properties. This is the only one that's close to anything I would typically pick for myself in the US.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bellevirgo
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently joined my husband for a few days of R&R prior to him remaining on for a week of business meetings. Given the long distance traveled for a 3 day long weekend, it was important to me that this hotel live up to all of the writeups on Tripadvisor. The Windsor Atlantica did not disappoint.
Frequent travelers to Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean; I was unsure what to expect on my first trip to South America.
The location was top notch; within walking distance of bus stops, the metro, numerous restaurants and of course, the beach.
Our room was well laid out, with a wonderful view of Sugar Loaf Mountain and a small section of Copa. The bathroom was lovely with an amazing shower, very nice soaps and nice plush towels.

As indicated in other writeups, the cost of wifi is quite high. From a business point of view it was a necessity, from a personal point of view I was happy to put away my electronics for a few days.

The Windsor Atlantica supply beach chairs and umbrellas for guests, setup by a terrific group of attendants. Beach vendors are plentiful offering food, drinks, and beach wear.
The hotel's roof top pool has a spectacular view, naturally the bar prices included the view. We entertained a group of business associates on the rooftop and the service was very good.

A hotel car is available at a price higher than the local taxis. I booked the car in advance for my solo return to the airport.

The food at breakfast was simply outstanding; plenty of choices of fruit, breads, eggs, meats, cheese and juices.
We did not eat at the hotel at any time beyond breakfast, taking advantage of the many local restaurants including some recommended by the very professional team on the concierge desk.
A special compliment to Priscilla who went to significant (and successful) efforts on my behalf to track down a specific olive oil which I had tasted at one of the local restaurants. Well travelled herself Priscilla can relate well to guests needs and wants.

Given my travel experience I would say The Windsor Atlantica is definitely a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business