This is an excellent, modern hotel. I visited in January 2013 with my 11 year-old son.
Although it is at the end of Copacobana beach, we still enjoyed the location. The beach is right across the street and the towel/parasol service is useful, although you'll sometimes have to wait. Within 10 minutes' walking distance, you will find a very large mall with all amenities, as well as restaurants, bars, banks, pharmacy, transit and anything else you may need.
The rooms and common areas are kept very clean. We loved the (side) view from our room, though you hear the hallway noise very clearly. The chocolates every evening are a nice touch. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, with a good variety including omelets and crepes, but it's the view that you'll love. The rooftop pool (adults only) has a beautiful view almost all around, and the 4th floor pool is also nice, with a bar. We didn't use the spa or exercise room, but they seemed adequate.
Service was excellent, at the beach and in the restaurant, bar and front desk. We used the concierge services a few times and they were excellent. Very informative, knowledgeable and helpful which hasn't been the case everywhere I stayed in Brazil. You can almost always get service in English, if you need. They really do it right here.
My only real complaint would be wifi. As others have mentioned, it is quite expensive and at this price, I would expect coverage to be consistent, but we spent long hours unable to get a connection, so definitely an area for improvement for this otherwise flawless hotel. Other services such as laundry were expensive as well, as you would expect from this type of hotel (laundering a t-shirt is the same price as crossing the street to buy another - hmmm).
I highly recommend this hotel to any traveller. You can't go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the ultimate vacation on the world-famous Copacabana Beach. Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is the biggest hotel in town and offers 545 guest rooms - 85% of them with ocean view, 36 flexible meeting rooms, two sparkling swimming pools, a full-service wellness spa, restaurants and bars, and beachside service at Copacabana’s waterfront. In addition, the hotel provides an enviable location near, local attractions, multiple dining options within walking distance, downtown and international and local airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Atlantica Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Iberostar Rio De Janeiro
- Iberostar Hotel Copacabana
- Hilton Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Brazil