Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$360
$346
$501
$454
  • Beachfront
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$209
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$149
$120
$174
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$123
$85
Official Hotel
2,377 results
All reviewsclub millesimeatlantis restaurantpre catalanthe horse's neck barclub roomsugar loafsugarloaf mountainsea viewbreakfast buffetluxury hotelpoolsbalconyconciergecopacabanariobrazilminibar
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent 4 nights in the Sofitel Rio on a work conference at the end of May.

The good;
1. The location between Ipanema and Copacabana is perfect.
2. The rooms, although small are clean and well appointed we had a lovely sea view
3. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
4. Double windows meant that noise was excluded despite being busy/noisy outside.
5 View at breakfast along the Copacabana beach was spectacular.

The not so good
1.This is a 5* establishment yet there was no room service, nor kettle in the room to make tea. On one occasion our friends - desperate for a cup of coffee - turned up at the restaurant 15 mins before breakfast time in the hope of a warm cup of something. The staff member just pointed to his watch - with a 'you should know better' face and told them to return at 6am. This is not the attitude expected from a Sofitel 5* hotel.
2. We only breakfasted there and I found the quality of food average, although there was a vast selection available.
3. It is a very expensive hotel and did not seem particularly good value for money, although perhaps that is the price of hotels in Rio

In conclusion, I would probably try somewhere else next time although there was nothing particularly wrong. This hotel definitely thinks it is something special, which is reflected in the service/staff attitude. So a bit disappointing

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Liz F
Sofitel-Rio, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Bonjour and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana.

Indeed we are perfectly located in famous Copacabana and a few minutes from the most trendy neighborhood in Rio, Ipanema.

I am really glad to hear that the you enjoyed our room and had a magnifique sleep on our MyBed.

Regarding your bad experiences, I am deeply saddened by the fact that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you our complete compassion and wish your perception would have been otherwise.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you when you next visit Rio de Janeiro.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here recently on business. Wonderful view of Copacabana beach and the Fort. Rooms comfortable with a nice shower. Cleaning staff were helpful to provide extra water for brushing teeth, etc when requested. Restaurants good - but not great. Service is very good but food quality is typical of Rio - average. Breakfast buffet similar - good but not great. Hotel cars are very reliable and safe - had a great driver for the return trip to the airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Rio, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Indeed we have a perfect view of Copacabana beach, which is extremely convenient for business.

I am really glad to hear that the whole team has pampered you as we do it with all of our guests. We cannot help it.

I thank you for mentioning your experience in our restaurants and I am sorry to read that they did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that I will forward your comments to our Food and Beverages Manager.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My stay at the Sofitel Rio was on a whole well above average. For my first time in Rio, being across the road from the infamous Copacabana was a must, and the location didn't disappoint. The restaurant and breakfast area provided what i believe is one of the best views of the beach (see image provided), and it certainly makes it feel like paradise. The location is also a nice 10 minute stroll from Ipanema beach and the shopping provided.

TIP- if you are in town on Sunday go to the Ipanema markets.

There are other beachside restaurants all nearby the Sofitel (altho I was highly disappointed with the recommendation provided by the concierge). However the concierge does everything for you as expected in a 5 star hotel, organise cars, tours, transfers, and provide local knowledge of must dos. I was a little disappointed with the lack of brochures to provide inspiration of activities outside the beach. The poolside restaurant I went to twice and provided a lovely ambience, relaxed environment and good service. The menu was delicious. The bar provided fun entertainment on weekend nights, and easy to go to if you were travelling solo for a bit of fun (although this proved noisy if your room was close by).

The room was small but comfortable. Nothing overly exciting but service was worthy. Laundry prices were well and beyond ridiculous. But free wifi was provided (if you only wanted to check your emails) or faster pace for a fee. I found the free wifi enabled me to skype home without any hassels so felt that was fine. The water for the bath was less than impressive. I'm not sure if this was the hotel or Rio, but in other parts of Sth America in 3 star hotels I know I had no problems with clear water for a bath.

The public areas were always impressive. I feel for the price this hotel could provide more, larger rooms and less noise, less added on fees.

The pools were stunning. 1 pool for the morning sun and 1 pool for the afternoon sun with bar service. People around the pool are also friendly and you feel more than safe to leave belongings around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank luci321
Sofitel-Rio, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I am very glad to read about your magnifique stay with us. I thank you for pointing out the overall superb service provided to you all over the hotel. We love to indulge our guests.

We were truly pleased to welcome you and look forward to your next stay at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was only here for two days but found the staff to be helpful pleasant. The location is outstanding. The food was good and the accommodations very comfortable. My room was a good size with a very comfortable bed and a really great shower. It's not inexpensive but given the location and service it's understandable.

2  Thank J H
Sofitel-Rio, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Indeed we are perfectly located between Copacabana and Ipanema. This is extremely convenient for both professional and leisure purposes.

I thank you for pointing out the overall superb service provided to you all over the hotel. At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

A bientôt,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sofitel is located at the beginning of the Copacabana, right across the Fortress. Spectacular view if you have a front side room. Having breakfast in the morning, outside on the restaurant terrace is absolutely a highlight. Hotel infrastructure is outdated, prices are high, Rio-like ...

Room Tip: front side!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour and thank you for your comment.

Indeed we have a perfect view of Copacabana beach from the Atlantis restaurant.
We hope to welcome you back very soon in order to create more magnifique memories in Rio de Janeiro.