My stay at the Sofitel Rio was on a whole well above average. For my first time in Rio, being across the road from the infamous Copacabana was a must, and the location didn't disappoint. The restaurant and breakfast area provided what i believe is one of the best views of the beach (see image provided), and it certainly makes it feel like paradise. The location is also a nice 10 minute stroll from Ipanema beach and the shopping provided.
TIP- if you are in town on Sunday go to the Ipanema markets.
There are other beachside restaurants all nearby the Sofitel (altho I was highly disappointed with the recommendation provided by the concierge). However the concierge does everything for you as expected in a 5 star hotel, organise cars, tours, transfers, and provide local knowledge of must dos. I was a little disappointed with the lack of brochures to provide inspiration of activities outside the beach. The poolside restaurant I went to twice and provided a lovely ambience, relaxed environment and good service. The menu was delicious. The bar provided fun entertainment on weekend nights, and easy to go to if you were travelling solo for a bit of fun (although this proved noisy if your room was close by).
The room was small but comfortable. Nothing overly exciting but service was worthy. Laundry prices were well and beyond ridiculous. But free wifi was provided (if you only wanted to check your emails) or faster pace for a fee. I found the free wifi enabled me to skype home without any hassels so felt that was fine. The water for the bath was less than impressive. I'm not sure if this was the hotel or Rio, but in other parts of Sth America in 3 star hotels I know I had no problems with clear water for a bath.
The public areas were always impressive. I feel for the price this hotel could provide more, larger rooms and less noise, less added on fees.
The pools were stunning. 1 pool for the morning sun and 1 pool for the afternoon sun with bar service. People around the pool are also friendly and you feel more than safe to leave belongings around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is a splendid one. It leaves the guest practically leaning over Copacabana beach – one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is beside Ipanema, a charming neighborhood full of attractions, immortalized in a song by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes, “Garota de Ipanema”.Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is considered one of the most prestigious Brazilian luxury hotels, combining French savoir-faire with Carioca charm.Enjoy our comfortable apartments with balconies and the MyBed bed, the executive floor with Club Millésime services – a new concept in personalized service, beach service, two pools and many other facilities, in addition to the award winning cuisine here at Sofitel.Situated near the main business centers in the city, the hotel offers an ample and versatile Convention Center, and also a modern Board Meeting Room, a fully equipped room with a view of Copacabana beach, uniting comfort and personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Accor Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Sofitel
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Brazil