The only good part about this hotel is the location. Other than that, avoid this hotel at all costs. Here is our experience:
1. We had booked a standard room and at check in even though there were several sea facing rooms available, the loud Debrah did not agree to upgrade us. Fair enough, as we had booked a standard, we even agreed to pay the difference to which she just smirked.
2. We had to call 3 times just to get a towel in the room. The staff is most unapologetic and rude and don't really care about what you need.
3. The electricity went off at 3 am one night and after calling the reception 6 times, someone came to our room to put off the emergency lights. They claim that they have 1 person working at night for 100 rooms! Is that even safe? To be fair, when we complained to the main manager at check out, he gave us a late check out to somehow compensate for the bad behaviour of his staff. BTW before this, Debrah had told us, if you check out even 1 minute late, we will charge you a penalty, her words were, "12 means 12". Who talks like that to customers?
4. When I needed a cab to the airport, I asked the front desk to call a cab for me and of course, he claimed that he did not know which number to dial. I had to find the number online and give it to him. The number was busy and the hotel guy looked at me and said that this was the last time he will dial the number and insisted that I should take the hotel car which was more than double the cost of a regular cab. He said this in front of Debrah who agreed with him.
The staff at this hotel are sly, rude and aggressive. I would NOT recommend you stay here and spoil your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located facing the ocean, at the most trendy point of Ipanema Beach, the "Station 9", and only one block from the bar Girl from Ipanema, birthplace of Bossa Nova. Perfect for leisure or business trip for its proximity to downtown and the best tourist sights of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Ipanema Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil