Can't be better for stepping out of the "madding crowd" after a day of sightseeing. The hotel is across the street from Ipanema Beach, near a stand that sells fresh coconut water, and a good walk to the edge of Copacabana on one side or Leblon on the other. Many people have said it is worth it to take an oceanfront room. We did not. We wanted the quiet of an "inside" room, although we found that the room needed to be on an upper floor so as have enough light and not to feel claustrophobic, and the EXCELLENT hotel staff was able to accommodate us. When we wanted to see the ocean, we went to the small but pleasant rooftop pool and bar or we walked out to the beach itself. The hotel rooms are large enough to accommodate what you need, and the staff is attentive, pleasant, and fabulously helpful with everything from a non-functioning TV remote to booking tours to printing boarding passes. The breakfasts are ample and pleasant; the dinner menu is large and above average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located facing the ocean, at the most trendy point of Ipanema Beach, the "Station 9", and only one block from the bar Girl from Ipanema, birthplace of Bossa Nova. Perfect for leisure or business trip for its proximity to downtown and the best tourist sights of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sol Ipanema Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil