Ipanema and Leblon are the two nicest, cleanest and safest areas and beaches in Rio de Janeiro. This hotel is conveniently located on one of the best stretches of beach in Ipanema. There are a lot of very average, or worse, hotels on the beach from which to choose. For the price (they're all pretty expensive), this one is among the better choices. The rooftop pool is miniscule -- more of a plunge pool than a swimming pool (but hey, the entire ocean is across the street). Some contributors rave about the service -- I found it OK but there was nothing noteworthy about it. I had a better experience than my wife did who complained to me that the front desk was a bit abrupt and not terribly helpful.
If money is not the main object, I attended an event at the Hotel Sofitel Ceasar Park and felt that hotel seemed more upscale. And, for what is probably the trendiest hotel in the area, check out Hotel Fasano. It was even shot in a May 18th issue of the Financial Times magazine "How To Spend It" in a "Brazil Dazzle" feature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located facing the ocean, at the most trendy point of Ipanema Beach, the "Station 9", and only one block from the bar Girl from Ipanema, birthplace of Bossa Nova. Perfect for leisure or business trip for its proximity to downtown and the best tourist sights of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splitty, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Ipanema Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil