This is the best location in town, right on Ipanema beach and close enoguh to walk to Copacabana. Views are stunning.
However, the hotel is very disappointing:
Service is inexistant, concierge cannot be bother to say hello. Most of the time nobody to attend at the roof pool bar.
Rooms are quite basic, no bath in the shower room that urgently needs refreshing.
Be very careful if you get a lower floor room as Ipanema is a very busy road and don't expect to get double glazing for $500 a night in Rio...
Breakfast is quite basic in the most boring dining room ever...
I understand this is in line with Rio's standards these days. What I used to find acceptable when Rio was cheaper than Europe or US, is less so when when you pay more! Even if Rio remains one of the most beautiful city in the world, the value for money is now quite disappointing..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located facing the ocean, at the most trendy point of Ipanema Beach, the "Station 9", and only one block from the bar Girl from Ipanema, birthplace of Bossa Nova. Perfect for leisure or business trip for its proximity to downtown and the best tourist sights of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Ipanema Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil