Sol Ipanema Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Vermont - Ipanema(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Tower(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Promenade Visconti(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Wave Hostel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Everest Park Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
1,224 results
All reviewsrooftop barbeach chairsocean viewperfect locationrestaurants and shoppingbreakfast buffettwo brothersfront desk stafftop floorsmall pooldecent sizefelt very safeyogurtvisit riochrist the redeemerumbrellasipanema
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Brazil where we spent 5 days at the Best Western Plus Sol Ipanema in Rio de Janeiro. We had a great stay there with location being prime, close to good restaurants, night life and shopping and just a short walk to Copacaban beach. The hotel itself was very clean, had a good buffet breakfast included with both hot and cold selections and delicious fresh fruit and juices, The front desk staff were always very pleasant, accomodating and helpful with any inquires we had. Hotel staff in general were very polite and tried to make conversation when possible, especially up on the rooftop pool where we had delicious capuccinos and nightcaps. The hotel rooms were a decent size and clean, beds comfortable, pillows could be softer though and offered free WIFI. If you are arriving into Santos Dumont airport, I would suggest taking the yellow taxi which is metered and much less than the transportation service they offer as soon as you exit the baggage area. Safety was not a concern while walking on the main streets as there was always a noticeable police presense but as anywhere you must always be aware of your surroundings. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying on Ipanema beach, which is the nicer area to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rita P
solsandra, Manager at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

BEST WESTERN PLUS Sol Ipanema Hotel

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Quality hotel with quality service. Free breakfast was nice! Personally, I received fantastic service. Yes, the location is a dream. I considered the Porto Bay Rio in Copacabana or the Sol Ipanema. Hotelscombined.com helped me find excellent information on Sol Ipanema. I booked using ratestogo.com. At the booking, they had a 30% off coupon. This helped make my stay more affordable. In my view, while both are fantastic hotels and both have awesome beaches, I just thought the area was just a bit nicer in Ipanema. Food was great in my opinion at the hotel. While the Sol gets better than average from me, I do think they can do better. The area and the location allows for them to draw premium prices. So please Sol Ipanema, continue to improve. Continue to strive to be even a better hotel. We thank you in advance!!!

P.S. Since I wrote such a nice review Sol Ipanema, can you book me now a room for the World Cup? That's only the fair thing to do. Thanks

Room Tip: Buy the room that has the best deal!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
solsandra, Manager at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments.

Your opinion is very important for us.

Now for the moment we don't have availability for the World Cup.

BEST WESTERN PLUS SOL IPANEMA

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel itself is ok. The standard 3 stars hotels you can find in any city. Nothing to write home about. But the location is the best you can find. Just in the center of Ipanema, nearby good restaurants and clubs, and infront of the beach. You won't get better than that for that price (which is quite high as in all Rio's hotels)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
solsandra, Manager at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

BEST WESTERN PLUS SOL IPANEMA HOTEL

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We chose this hotel because the location is excellent, Ipanema beach, with a splendid view to the cagarras islands. It is a good choice if you want a place to sleep close to everything Rio has to offer, and you don´t mind waiting for elevators. Breakfast is quite good, and if you choose a room in the upper floors you have a nice view (but you wait longer for the elevator).

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SergioJardim
solsandra, Manager at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments.

Your opinion is very important for us.

Best regards,
BEST WESTERN PLUS SOL IPANEMA.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here only one night, because the hotel where we usually stay was booked. The hotel is tall, and the rooms are small. It is architecturally discordant with other buildings in the same area.
One of the elevators was not working. The so-called Mountain View had very little view all. I would encourage you to get a beach view. It cost us over $300 for one night--more than we pay for a larger apartment at a nearby hotel. One plus was the breakfast, which was ample, varied, and quite good. The breakfast room with a view of the ocean is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012
solsandra, Manager at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

BEST WESTERN PLUS SOL IPANEMA HOTEL