JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
$245
$231
  • Beachfront
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$184
Sheraton.com
$173
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
2,416 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecopacabana beachgriffin clubrooftop poolocean viewconcierge desklobby barplatinum memberbeach serviceavenida atlanticafitness centerrooms are smalllate checkhotel is in a great locationsugarloaf mountainbeach frontchrist the redeemer
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Yes this hotel has a good location on the beach but at $300 p.n. I would have expected ocean view. However my room looked on to a large dark attrium so you feel like its evening all the time. When I had a complaint, management was not accommodating which is reason I gave the hotel low service marks.

On the positive side, great service in their restaurant. Very friendly staff and went out of their way to please. Also concierge service was knowledgable, especially on restaurant choices.

In summary, not great value and if possible you should seek out other hotels on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HKFoodie
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I had a wonderful experience while staying in this hotel. Everything, from service to localization, was perfect in itself. The staff was attentive and friendly and the room facilities were very clean and organized. The concierge service was very timely and precise. Service with a smile, I would say. Good value for money.
The Taiyou restaurant, a japanese-based one, had the best of this cuisine to offer inside the hotel for a fair price. The place was elegant but very informal, in a good way.
On the rooftop, a nice pool with a great view of the Copacabana beach as well as a nice massage bed and the bar service were indeed a glamorous extra!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Our company booked the hotel for 3 weeks stay at a rate of $225 for a atrium view room. I already had a bad feeling about it because atrium view sounded to me like it will be a dungeon. Unfortunately I had no say over the booking process, so had to go ahead with it. When I arrived my suspicions turned out true - the rooms are super dark and you have no idea what is the weather or what time of the day it is. The atrium is ugly and unpleasant. I had difficult time waking up every morning because there is no sunlight and had no desire to work or stay in my room. Overall the interior of the hotel is like a retirement home from South Florida transplanted in the middle of Copacabana - really annoying! I ate at the Japanese restaurant and had one of the worst sushi I've ever tried. Also ordered fresh fruit juice that came so watered down that I was wondering what is wrong with these people - after all I am in a tropical country not the Arctic so no need to be cheap on the juice. Another point is that Copacabana is really bad area - very touristy and all the restaurants in the vicinity are of poor quality and geared for tourists that too afraid to venture out into the unknown. Avoid this hotel at all costs - as I am writing this review I am looking for another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank eparty69
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful!!! One waiter even drew me a map of the must see sights Sao Paulo (my next destination on that trip). Also the brunch is excellent, especially the mixed fruit juices!

The only thing that seemed kind of crazy to me was that the hotel is on one of the best beaches in the world but the verandas face an interior courtyard and not the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2010

JW Marriot, Rio

I was been to Rio for a business trip, we have get booked to JW Marriott at Rio.

We had heard that Rio is a amazing holiday destination and very long beach line.

We have booked at JW Marriot for a business meeting. We found the rate high on 1st sight, US $ 200 per day. But when we reach there the place is amazing. We have put up at 10th floor, on beach side, I have no words to describe the view.

You can have jogging at the morning at beach, you find people walking at evening.

The hotel service is very good, as I am gold card member of Marriot, I have given access to executive club, which have full access to bar and breakfast.

The breakfast at hotel is lots of variety, breads, juice, milk, coffee, fruits, etc.

The dinner at hotel OK.

The rooms are very clean, there is mini bar in the room.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Prag22