Stayed here for a few days on vacation and was slightly puzzled due to what I perceived as bi-polar Tripadvisor reviews: not great building, but great staff. I would 100% echo the sentiment. There is nothing wrong with the physical hotel, but in the USA it would only be a Courtyard. I question why Marriott continues to call it a JW as I assume they could continue to charge the same amount due to the location.
All that said the staff was top notch, and I would happily stay here again. All the people were pleasant and very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The extraordinary JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro hotel offers seamless commuting to the city's best attractions, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and a variety of nightlife, restaurants and golf courses. The world-famous Copacabana beach is just steps away from our doors, and Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport is less than 10 miles away. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our proximity to exciting activities like rock climbing, surfing and sailing. Guest rooms at our JW Marriott feature elegant decor, plush bedding, marble bathrooms and LCD TVs with international cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Marriott
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro Brazil