Everything about this hotel is above average---except for the horrible mattress in room 905. I've had better mattresses in Super 8 hotels. it was clearly old and has lost all of its firmness. The sheets and towels were amazing, as was the executive lounge. Great food, staff, and drinks.
Beware that room 905 is right next to the door most guests use for the executive lounge and as such it slams closed starting at 6am when breakfast opens, and slams throughout the day, making this room particularly noisy.
The roof pool and gym are awesome, as is the beach service .All of the staff are very attentive.
This is one of three hotels to stay at in Rio--the Sheraton and Sofitel being my two other choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The extraordinary JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro hotel offers seamless commuting to the city's best attractions, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and a variety of nightlife, restaurants and golf courses. The world-famous Copacabana beach is just steps away from our doors, and Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport is less than 10 miles away. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our proximity to exciting activities like rock climbing, surfing and sailing. Guest rooms at our JW Marriott feature elegant decor, plush bedding, marble bathrooms and LCD TVs with international cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Marriott
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro Brazil