“Excellent Service!”

JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
Ranked #15 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My stay at JW Marriott was excellent. Katia greeted us with smiles and room recommendations for upgrades that fit our needs. Afonso, the concierge was priceless! Not only did he know the best places to eat he tailored our activities for the week based on our lifestyle!! We had a fantastic time because of his ability to understand people.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Darnisha T,
Please allow me to thank you for your compliments to our team members, I am happy to know that our team was able to help you have a wonderful weekend. There are many more places to visit and explore in Rio de Janeiro, so we invite you to visit us again soon so that our team can help you make the most of your time in the wonderful city.
Sincerely, Leticia Alcázar – Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,312)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

In traveling with a group of 14 people, I found the staff to be helpful and prepared for our arrival. We were anxious to explore the area and the concierge staff was very helpful in recommending everything from shopping to dinner options. We LOVED the safety, view, and convenience of the rooftop bar and pool area. I would definitely recommend this others traveling here for a mix of work and fun!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jill C,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, as you mentioned we are always ready to welcome our guests and offer as much help as we can to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends once again and help you have another unforgettable visit to Rio.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed one night at the hotel, arrived at 11 PM for a meeting next morning. I plugged my iphone to charge next to the bed. Next day I checked out at 1 PM and as soon as I arrived at the airport I noticed I had forgotten my charger, so called the hotel immediately. I was informed they would look in the room and email me. As soon as I landed in SP there was an email saying they had not found it. Well, all I did at this hotel was sleep and charge my phone, and there was NO TIME for someone else to have checked it. So here is the question... where is Wally?
Shame on you Marriott hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Karinstu2014
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Karinstu2014,
Please accept our apologies for the incident occurred, we are taking actions to clarify the situation. We would like to follow up on the incident with you so that we can provide a more in-depth resolution. Please contact us at mhrs.riomc.fd.mgr@marriotthotels.com We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Located right on Copacabana Beach, the location of this hotel could not be better. It's got a great lobby/lounge for drinks or coffee either as an afternoon break or a nightcap.

The concierge is wonderful - had excellent suggestions for places to go and restaurants.

It's a little surprising that wifi wasn't included, but if that's the worst i have to say, not too bad!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear AndiNYC,
As you mentioned we are perfectly located to offer the best views of the famous Copacabana and we are glad enjoyed our views. We are very pleased that our team was able to provide you with excellent suggestions to make your stay wonderful. Please visit us on your future trips to the wonderful city and we will be ready to host you again.
Regards, Leticia Alcázar – Front Desk Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Still staying at the JW Marriott for 8 nights in couple. Very nice hôtels slightly below the Marriott standards. No cushions on deckchairs around the pool - too bad. Outstanding breakfast. Very friendly staff.
We recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Matthias500,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro during your trip to the wonderful city. We appreciate your feedback as it is always helpful when looking to make changes to better our service.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a great girls birthday weekend at the JW Marriott in Rio! The hotel itself was nice - very well maintained and great pool and roof terrace. The location right on Copacabana Beach was excellent as well.

But what distinguished this hotel was the service - employees were great! Everyone from the bellman to the concierge was extremely nice and helpful. We had booked a club level room, but got upgraded to an oceanview club room when we checked in for our 40th birthday. Thanks to Jhesnia G. for making that happen! She also send us a nice amenity to your room. The Club Lounge is great - definately worth the money - and views are incredible too.

My friend and I have traveled around the world and were very impressed with our stay at the JW Marriott in Rio.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Lisa G,
Let me express my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with such positive comments and compliments. I am happy to know that our team was able to make your birthday celebration an unforgettable experience. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team that is focus on making good impressions on our guests. We look forward to celebrating future birthdays with you.
Best regards, Leticia Alcázar – Front Desk Manager

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Awesome location right on the beach

Unfortunately the hotel is very tired and thy tried to overcharge me at every occasion
- extra R30 for the ride from the airport
- recommended hotel taxi at R61 when the return trip cost me less than R20
- would not give me the room I had confirmed until I threatened to go to the Sofitel
- terrible breakfast that was meant to be included that they charged me for
- multiple wifi charges to my room

Disappointing effort with decent management they could fix much of this

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Paul M
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Mitchpa, first of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share with us your comments. We are deeply sorry about your complaints. Regarding the car service we work with an approved, by local law, company that have fixed prices for executive cars with bilingual drivers and we always explain these difference to our guests and give both options the black executive cars or the yellow cabs. I am sorry if these two options were not explained to you. If you can send us your reservation details I will be more than glad to investigate what happened regarding room type and about the breakfast yon can send an email to mhrs.riomc.fd.mgr@marriotthotels.com Sincerely, Leticia Alcázar – Front Desk Manager