JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
$217
$194
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$565
$545
$40
$38
  • Pool
Orla Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$81
$73
  • Breakfast included
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$93
$47
  • Breakfast included
Brisa Barra Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$92
$89
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
$213
$124
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Barra(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$113
$106
Travelocity
2,399 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecopacabana beachgriffin clubrooftop poolocean viewconcierge desklobby barplatinum memberbeach serviceavenida atlanticafitness centerrooms are smalllate checkhotel is in a great locationsugarloaf mountainbeach frontchrist the redeemer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights recently and had so many problems! The GM did offer a discount and promised betterment on our last day, but it was a truly disappointing experience,. Bad experience at check in, failure to ever deliver a welcome gift of champagne sent by our US travel agent for the full 4 days despite repeated assurances that it would be delivered "this evening", poor housekeeping and daily issues with breakfast chasing payment-even having to leave my wife in the restaurant for security for more than 15 minutes while I went up to get the laptop as they would not accept that breakfast was included in our room rate, despite the front desk having assured me after a 3 hour wait and two calls to the USA travel agent- that it was all taken care of (no internet offered in the room free, though Orient Express and the Alvear chain in Buenos Aires do offer free internet) and no daily NY Times fax to my room despite 2 times promises that "I have updated your profile and you will receive it daily to your room" and more. For about USD $500 per night, you expect more. Some staff seemed really trying and the GM's email helped, but not a good experience at all.

Room Tip: Book the Copacabana Palace instead
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BillBoyd46
JW_Marriott_RJ, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Once again thank you for comments and for giving me some of your time on the last day of your visit to personally share your experience. Comments from our valued guest are always welcome and assist us in continuously improving our services. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to change your impression in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Excellent Location, right across the Copacabana beach. The beds are amazing and the whole room I got was pretty great in general terms. The rooftop had a beautiful view, sadly the weather wasn't at its best. The gym is pretty complete and staff there are super friendly. I find the concierges to vary a lot one from another; I had two super awesome concierges giving some great recommendations for lunch and dinner (Brasileirinho and Le Blonde by Ipanema)!! But the third one, simply awful, not to the JW standards or any other great hotel. A bit of arrogance was shown on his side, even mentioned that he had traveled around while working for the Marriott and seemed "to think to know way too much of everything". (Not helpful)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PabloJHeredia

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and our views. I apologize for the service experience you had and as you mention that is not the service we offer at our property. I thank you for your comment as it helps us improve. Please visit us again if your plans bring you back to Rio in the near future

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Perfect location in the center of Capocabana. It has complimentary beach service just across the street. Nice view on the roof top. Convenient Executive Lounge for breakfast and appetizers in the evening. Good wifi connection. It is unfortunate that it does not have any room with balcony.

Room Tip: Executive Lounge level
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank laurapoint

We are located in the center of Copacabana and it is indeed a perfect location with the best view as you mentioned. Thank you for your comment and we hope that you have a future opportunity to visit us once again.

Regards

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels all over the world but this was my first experience of J W Marriott in Rio, Copacabana strip.

Firstly, can I thank this wonderful hotel and it's warm, friendly and inviting staff for making my holiday experience unbelievable and truly outstanding. My room was amazing - I didn't have an ocean view but as the beach is just across the road and know from experience not everyone can have a sea view, this didn't bother me at all. We paid a little extra for Executive but this was worth every penny. Breakfast was always delicious without fail and the staff went out of their way to ensure they knew what we wanted from the omlette bar.

The rooms and bathrooms were exceptionally clean, the entire hotel was spotless. As a seasoned hotel user I have stayed at some where the rooms have been far from inviting but these were amazing. Nothing was too much to ask of the staff and we had many fun evenings there. On site they have a gorgeous Japanese restaurant which we frequented, following up with a walk across the road to the small al-fresco bars along the Copacabana beach. We never felt one moment of worry about going to these as again, the people were warm and friendly.

I am determined to return to this marvellous hotel in a marvellous country, the staff are a true credit to J W Marriott.

Thank you JWM for the entire experience. This hotel offers hospitality, professionalism, a high standard of cleanliness and delightful staff with ready and genuine smiles, I will be back.

Paula Watt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Paula W
JW_Marriott_RJ, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Your words bring a lot of joy to me and the JW Marriott´s team as we work hard to make a difference in our guest´s experience. We would be delighted to have you stay with us on a near future so that you can once again enjoy our beautiful Copacabana beach and more importantly the warm friendly service of the JW Marriott´s team.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is overall excellent
We had a fantastic stay but too short
The location in front of the beach with the superb panoramic view
The staff is very friendly and very helpful
The concierge was also very helpful with the reservation of a show
The rooms are very clean and net and very comfortable with all the facilities
In general I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I recommend a sea view room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ekstein
JW_Marriott_RJ, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

The views that our hotel offers are indeed super and our team compliments the wonderful services that we offer. I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and we hope that on your next trip to Rio de Janeiro you stay with us for a longer period of time.