JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$154
$120
$245
$231
  • Beachfront
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
2,416 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecopacabana beachgriffin clubrooftop poolocean viewconcierge desklobby barplatinum memberbeach serviceavenida atlanticafitness centerrooms are smalllate checkhotel is in a great locationsugarloaf mountainbeach frontchrist the redeemer
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Great location in front of Copocapana beach. Room was pretty small but luxurious. Window was opening inside the atrium, so no ocean view. Swimming pool on the top was a good escape. Breakfast was extensive, one of the bestbuy I have ever had. I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind small room.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Read below my initial comments for a more detailed description.

Price - Way Too Expensive
Service - Rude
Concierge - Not helpful. Do your own research when searching for outside activities
Rooms - Tiny, seems older, blanket on the end of bed is cheesy
View - Small window that doesn't open. (I paid extra for this room for some reason)
Bathroom - Tiny shower, terrible shower curtain, cheap small soap and shampoo bottles
Breakfast - good not great, dirty buffet area
Location - across from the dirty beach of Copacabana, not close to best shopping or best food, unsafe within 3 blocks
Safety Level - Not Very Safe. A Favela is 3 blocks away. Don't walk anywhere but on Ave. Atlantico at night. Make sure the Hotel hails you a cab. Nervous to walk at night.
Lobby - two story entrance, glass ceiling on top to view the internal 22 floor courtyard
Floor Layout - Some rooms windows view into other rooms. Outside of my room, I could look into 10 other rooms on my floor, as well as the floor above and below.
Overall Experience - Not Good At all

My Experience: I checked in to the hotel, and the lady the front desk was rude. After not having my reservation, I booked another room at the rate of $555 for an ocean view room. After waiting 90 minutes for the room to be cleaned, I went upstairs and was thoroughly disappointed. There are no balconies. The window to the ocean as about the size of a large flat screen tv, and it doesn't open. The room was super small, and the bathroom was as well. The shower is tiny, and they have one of those terrible shower curtains that sticks to you. The buffet in the morning was good, but a little too American, and everything seemed a little dirty: tables, napkins, buffet area, floor. I asked concierge to help with transportation to Buzios, but she quoted me a rate of $600. She also told me that she contacted the same travel company that I did, but when I called to follow up, I learned that she hadn't. I decided to book elsewhere for $60. All is all, this was a terrible experience. I surveyed the area for other hotels: the Sheraton in Leblon is much nicer, and closer Ipanema, a better beach than Copacobana. The Sofitel is better as well, and is close to everything. The Copacabana Palace is better, but it is a little too far from Ipanema. Ceasar Park is great because its on a better beach, and is close to great restaurants and shopping. The place to stay, hands down, is the Fasano. Super nice, with balconies, and first class all the way. Best beach, best rooms, best pool, best location.

Room Tip: Dont pay for ocean view. If so, try diff. hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DannyLA1
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This hotel is in a great location. Most of the staff is exceptional. However, The bell and check in staff are horrible and need retrained! I've stayed at this Marriott three times and EVERY time I exit the taxi there is nobody there to greet you. Nobody there to take your bags and guide you to check in. RIDICULOUS for what you're paying. Also, this bad service continues when going out for the evening. NOBODY to help with cabs.

True story. We actually had an experience where we were ripped off by a cab driver taken a circuitous route one evening and charge for 25 reals, when the restaurant was actually just down the street and the rate should have been around 12 reals. Anyway, we complained to hotel staff when we returned and he actually was trying to create excuses for the taxi driver. That's when I got pissed and told him, in detail, the entire story of the trip. At that point he said if we could point out the driver they would remove him from the pool. The next day and night we looked for him, however, he mysteriously disappeared! Anyway, great local with terrible bellhop and transportation service.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Gastronome45
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott during Carnival of 2011. It is a gorgeous hotel right on Copacabana Beach - but extremely expensive (both at Carnival and other times). The breakfasts are sumptuous and the breakfast staff very attentive and cordial. The same can also be said of the staff of the hotel itself. When we had a problem getting our Sambadrome tickets for Carnival, Sergio, one of the Managers, personally took on the task himself and within a very short time we had our tickets. This was an extraordinary and gracious effort. My only complaint about this hotel (as is the same with any other hotel of its caliber) is that every extra you get is exorbitantly priced - from 24 hour internet access for $25/day to a casual lunch in their lounge facility. If these hotels just approached anywhere in the area of “reasonable” with the cost of these items guests would avail themselves of many more services that the hotel has to offer.

I love beautiful hotels – I hate the feeling (once I’ve paid the very high cost of the room) that I’m getting bilked for anything else I would like to do at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. Great position "Copacabana Beach". Lovely hotel, like most Marriotts. Our visit included the stop over of President Obama & company.
The security at the hotel was amazing, plain clothed police everywhere, hotel, street, & I think probably the whole of Rio.
We visited Sugar Loaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer, Ipanaema Beach & various other interesting sites. We found that Brazil is quite expensive especially eating out & shopping for gifts. But all in all we had a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple