“Amazing stay...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palm Springs, California
“Amazing stay...”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Being our first time in Rio, we didn't want to be disappointed by the hotel we chose so we relied on the reviews here on TripAdvisor and I have to say, am very glad that we did. The hotel is upscale and modern and in the best location so that you have access to either beach, Copacobana or Ipanema and certainly worth the extra money if you can upgrade to the ocean view. The service is remarkable and you are always greeted by a hello and a genuine smile. The free breakfast had an amazing variety of choices to satisfy anyone’s appetite. However, like a previous review, I was surprise to see a $4 per cup charge on our bill for the Nespresso machine, considering we were paying over $400 per night. Seems a bit petty.

Room Tip: Definitely ocean-view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank desertduo1
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Mr Desertduo1,

When we begin a new week reading comments like yours make us very and very happy. My staff and I would like to say "Thank you" for the nice words about our hotel and services. Talking about the charges for Nexpresso coffee we are studing to make this service free of charge.
Once more, thanks to be our guest. As It was your first stay in Rio we hope to see you again. We are sure that there are many other things to see and to do in Rio. One stay it's not enough.Thanks again!
William F. Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have never paid close attention to people rating the service of a hotel before I stayed at Miramar on a business trip. However, they exceeded my every expectation and really defined why it IS important to consider the service. The place is beautiful, probably better than many other places in Rio. I don't love Copacabana, but I would absolutely stay here again because everything they did, they did well. Any consideration I had, they met. Great place. The only complaint I would have is that the standard rooms are very small - I would recommend the upgraded rooms - much nicer and worth the price difference.

Room Tip: The beach view rooms are the best. The standard rooms are too small and I switched when I arrived. W...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dabower
Dear Mr Dabower,

Thanks for your comments. We think like you..."Service in the most important action in a hotel". Therefore we try everyday to make something new for our guests and make them happy.
Once more, thanks to be our guest!
Rustenburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was the best hotel stay/experience we ever had! To start off with, a warm welcome from the bell boys, front desk and all hotel staff extremely professional, and well spoken English. The hotel was revamped and re-opened just before Confeds Cup this year. Everything is brand new and the interior finishings and layout of the hotel is superb. The rooms are spacious and the rooftop pool the best in Rio. The cocktails and food the hotel offers is some of the best in Rio. I will definitely return to this hotel for my next visit. Wifi at the hotel is free in all areas. This hotels location is perfect as it is situated at the best swim part of Copacabana beach, and if you want to walk to Ipanema it is about 10mins From the hotel. Everything is just perfect at this hotel. A definite must when you visit Rio, spare yourself time and just book straight away at this awesome hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Sanri E,

We are really "Thank you" for your words "The best of the best". It seems that we are achieving our ideal of services. We work hard to make our guests satisfied with our services. And your comments says that we are in the right way. Many thanks again and hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

If I could assign a higher TripAdvisor grade than excellent I would. I really loved everything about this hotel and you could see the effort made in every detail.

The rooms are nice, a decent size with a good sized bathroom. The shower was really powerful and the cubical was large, I'd say three quarters the width of the bathroom. The bedding was really comfortable too.

We were lucky enough to have a view of the Copacabana beach. There is a nice roof top pool and spa/gym on the 16th floor. There is a safe in the room, a minibar and loads of quality bathroom things like dental and shaving kits etc.

In terms of location its on the beach front so all of a 30 second walk to the Copacabana and about 10 minutes to Ipamema beach. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops with in 10-15 mins walk away. Lapa, which seemed to be the most happening place for night life was about a 20 min cab ride away.

For me the stars of the show are the staff and the breakfast experience. For breakfast there is a wide selection of quality food which is great but the staff are so attentive it just makes for a really pleasant start to the day. In fact nearly all the staff, from the concierge, maids, bell boys and door men that we met were incredibly friendly. We particularly enjoyed chatting to the maitre-d at breakfast.

The only negative is that three is a Nexpresso machine in the rooms which isn't free and I think is should be for want of a kettle.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and would love to return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anand_Hari
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Mr Anand_Hari,

Thank you very much for the worderful comments you made about our hotel. Me and my staff are very pride because you were here and happy. Everyday we talk to each other in oder to achieve a better service for our guests. About Nexpresso machine we are trying to give this service free of charge, however we can not do it this moment.
We hope to see you soon.
Thanks again!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in a superior queen room for a week in September 2013. I was offered champagne at check-in which I thought was a nice gesture. I made my reservations through their website, however they could not find mine or my coworkers reservations in the system but we got our rooms anyway. I was very impressed with the modern room decor. The bathroom toiletries were L'Occitane. The TV was flat panel and very large. FYI!! The hair dryer is in the drawer of the bathroom vanity-- I had to call and ask where it was. There are two free glass water bottles per day in your room. Everything else (including Nespresso coffee) is mini bar prices.

I was really impressed with the STAFF! They were all willing to help with anything we needed and many spoke English fluently. Throughout our 7 night stay we ended up grabbing a few drinks at pool bar and lobby bar, great bartenders.

Tips::: They offer electricity adapters to borrow at the front desk (sockets were all Europlug type C). You can exchange money at the front desk as well. Rooms that end in 1,2,3 and 4 have direct ocean view. The others have a side view of Pão de Açúcar and ocean.

I hope to be back soon and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 954FloridaSun
Dear Mr 954FloridaSun,

It is a great pleasure to know that we attended your expectations. My staff also says "Thanks" for the praises. Our aim is to make our guests happy and satisfied with hotel services.
We hope to see you soon!

Nottingham
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was in Rio for 4 weeks with my Brazilian wife and step-daughter, visiting family. We decided to spend a couple of nights in a good hotel as a break from staying with relatives, and to give us some time feeling that we were on a real holiday. After trawling so many hotel comparison sites for ages, I narrowed it down to this place. The building has been here for some time, but has reopened fairly recently after an extensive refurbishment.

I booked a deal which had a special offer for a very early check-in and a late check-out. Upon arrival we were given a complimentary glass of champagne, and also upgraded to a sea / beach view room on the 13th floor. And what a view. Looking out of the window we could see all of Copacabana, Ipanema, Leme beach, stretching out into the distance, with Sugarloaf Mountain completing the view. I have stayed at the Copacabana Palace before, which while grand, does not offer such good views. It is also not the most comfortable place to be unless you get on well with a pretty formal approach to service, luxurious though it may be.

The roof terrace of the Miramar gave even better views than our room. You can order food to be brought here, and there is a bar usually staffed with attentive folk, always there to top up your drink and refresh your complimentary bowl of nuts. We liked the place so much that we booked an extra night and stayed for two nights, inviting the family along for the second night to share the experience. The pool on the roof is a delight, although it really is only the size for dipping into to cool down when feeling the heat from sunbathing. The view from actually in the pool is great too, swim to the end and hang on to the edge, taking in the sky, the ocean and the beaches below. On the top floor there is also a sauna and a small fitness suite, with treadmills and a couple of other pieces of gym equipment.

Breakfast is a buffet, offering bacon, eggs, fruit, cakes, pastries, cereals, juices, an omelette bar, (Brazilian) sausage, hot drinks are served at your table...everything you would want. We took our time both days, and certainly did not need lunch after filling up here. Complimentary champagne makes another appearance at breakfast too.

The hotel was a great size for me, big enough to not feel like you are staying in a bed and breakfast, but small enough for staff to become familiar with you and give great, friendly service.

My wife, born and raised in Rio, said that it would be difficult to find a hotel with better views along this stretch of the coast. Staff I encountered all had some English skills, and appreciated any effort made to speak Portuguese. A lot of the big hotels along the coast here seem a bit tired, with a feel of 'faded glory' about them. This place certainly did not have the feeling, thanks to the recent renovation and refurbishment I'm sure. The rooms were smart and clean, as was the hotel throughout.

Top marks for this hotel and its staff, I sincerely hope that they continue their efforts to provide good service in this smart and friendly hotel, and don't get complacent about their high ranking on Tripadvisor! Our thanks to all at the Miramar, we will recommend you to anybody we know looking for a good hotel in Rio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank andybullock77
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Mr Andy Bullock77,

Once more (in the Trip Advisor) I don't have words to say that we are really happy reading your comments. Me and my staff are pround of our job because our intent is to make our guests happy, satisfied, above their own expectations. Thank you very much for you kindly words. Be sure that we will continue to do a good service. Why? We love to do it.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

In an age where customer service appears to no longer be the main priority in a number of places what a refreshing change to be spoilt here.

Whoever is undertaking the training is doing a fantastic job and there is no surprise at all this hotel has rocketed to number one on Trip Advisor.

Everything is fantastic - service, housekeeping, standard and choice of food and location.

The room we had was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean and overlooked Copacabana beach.

It is located near the end of Copacabana making it very easy to visit the nearby beach at Ipanema.

Having cocktails in the pool bar situated on the roof of the hotel admiring the bright lights of Rio is something that will stay with us for a very long time.

Cannot praise this hotel highly enough! Excellent in every way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GreenBalloon_11
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Mr Green Ballon,

I can't find the right words to say .."Thank you for your comments about our hotel and services". Maybe you do not know but comments like yours make my staff pride of their job. Be sure that I will take your words to all my staff. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks again!