“Great experience!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in a superior queen room for a week in September 2013. I was offered champagne at check-in which I thought was a nice gesture. I made my reservations through their website, however they could not find mine or my coworkers reservations in the system but we got our rooms anyway. I was very impressed with the modern room decor. The bathroom toiletries were L'Occitane. The TV was flat panel and very large. FYI!! The hair dryer is in the drawer of the bathroom vanity-- I had to call and ask where it was. There are two free glass water bottles per day in your room. Everything else (including Nespresso coffee) is mini bar prices.

I was really impressed with the STAFF! They were all willing to help with anything we needed and many spoke English fluently. Throughout our 7 night stay we ended up grabbing a few drinks at pool bar and lobby bar, great bartenders.

Tips::: They offer electricity adapters to borrow at the front desk (sockets were all Europlug type C). You can exchange money at the front desk as well. Rooms that end in 1,2,3 and 4 have direct ocean view. The others have a side view of Pão de Açúcar and ocean.

I hope to be back soon and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 954FloridaSun
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Mr 954FloridaSun,

It is a great pleasure to know that we attended your expectations. My staff also says "Thanks" for the praises. Our aim is to make our guests happy and satisfied with hotel services.
We hope to see you soon!

William F. Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was in Rio for 4 weeks with my Brazilian wife and step-daughter, visiting family. We decided to spend a couple of nights in a good hotel as a break from staying with relatives, and to give us some time feeling that we were on a real holiday. After trawling so many hotel comparison sites for ages, I narrowed it down to this place. The building has been here for some time, but has reopened fairly recently after an extensive refurbishment.

I booked a deal which had a special offer for a very early check-in and a late check-out. Upon arrival we were given a complimentary glass of champagne, and also upgraded to a sea / beach view room on the 13th floor. And what a view. Looking out of the window we could see all of Copacabana, Ipanema, Leme beach, stretching out into the distance, with Sugarloaf Mountain completing the view. I have stayed at the Copacabana Palace before, which while grand, does not offer such good views. It is also not the most comfortable place to be unless you get on well with a pretty formal approach to service, luxurious though it may be.

The roof terrace of the Miramar gave even better views than our room. You can order food to be brought here, and there is a bar usually staffed with attentive folk, always there to top up your drink and refresh your complimentary bowl of nuts. We liked the place so much that we booked an extra night and stayed for two nights, inviting the family along for the second night to share the experience. The pool on the roof is a delight, although it really is only the size for dipping into to cool down when feeling the heat from sunbathing. The view from actually in the pool is great too, swim to the end and hang on to the edge, taking in the sky, the ocean and the beaches below. On the top floor there is also a sauna and a small fitness suite, with treadmills and a couple of other pieces of gym equipment.

Breakfast is a buffet, offering bacon, eggs, fruit, cakes, pastries, cereals, juices, an omelette bar, (Brazilian) sausage, hot drinks are served at your table...everything you would want. We took our time both days, and certainly did not need lunch after filling up here. Complimentary champagne makes another appearance at breakfast too.

The hotel was a great size for me, big enough to not feel like you are staying in a bed and breakfast, but small enough for staff to become familiar with you and give great, friendly service.

My wife, born and raised in Rio, said that it would be difficult to find a hotel with better views along this stretch of the coast. Staff I encountered all had some English skills, and appreciated any effort made to speak Portuguese. A lot of the big hotels along the coast here seem a bit tired, with a feel of 'faded glory' about them. This place certainly did not have the feeling, thanks to the recent renovation and refurbishment I'm sure. The rooms were smart and clean, as was the hotel throughout.

Top marks for this hotel and its staff, I sincerely hope that they continue their efforts to provide good service in this smart and friendly hotel, and don't get complacent about their high ranking on Tripadvisor! Our thanks to all at the Miramar, we will recommend you to anybody we know looking for a good hotel in Rio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank andybullock77
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Mr Andy Bullock77,

Once more (in the Trip Advisor) I don't have words to say that we are really happy reading your comments. Me and my staff are pround of our job because our intent is to make our guests happy, satisfied, above their own expectations. Thank you very much for you kindly words. Be sure that we will continue to do a good service. Why? We love to do it.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

In an age where customer service appears to no longer be the main priority in a number of places what a refreshing change to be spoilt here.

Whoever is undertaking the training is doing a fantastic job and there is no surprise at all this hotel has rocketed to number one on Trip Advisor.

Everything is fantastic - service, housekeeping, standard and choice of food and location.

The room we had was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean and overlooked Copacabana beach.

It is located near the end of Copacabana making it very easy to visit the nearby beach at Ipanema.

Having cocktails in the pool bar situated on the roof of the hotel admiring the bright lights of Rio is something that will stay with us for a very long time.

Cannot praise this hotel highly enough! Excellent in every way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GreenBalloon_11
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Mr Green Ballon,

I can't find the right words to say .."Thank you for your comments about our hotel and services". Maybe you do not know but comments like yours make my staff pride of their job. Be sure that I will take your words to all my staff. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks again!
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I want to like this hotel and am a very easy going person, but I called today about my reservation for tomorrow Monday 9/23 and they said they could not find even though I clearly have a confirmation number and have already paid more than 300 dollars for the room. This is because according to the hotel, their reservation office is closed today. How is it possible a very expensive hotel cannot confirm your reservation on Sunday? Thats a basic service. I also inquired about the room upgrade that I am supposed to get through my package and they do not understand what that is about. I don't want an upgrade because I am pushy. I just want what I was promised.. Now I am flying to Brazil today and do not know whether I have a reservation. I really hope to write a better review once I actually stay here, but my first impressions are very bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank JohnMcM2013
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Mr McMurry,

Good Morning! We know that you are now travelling to Rio. There is no problem with your reservation. I´m quite sure that there is something misunderstood. Your reservation was made in another site and we had difficult to find it at the same time you are talking to us by phone. Overhere we will explain exactly what´s happenned. I'm sure that you will understand. Sorry for this situation.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

just back from a 10 day stay at the Miramar in Rio De Janeiro, the hotel has been refurbished earlier this year, it has been finished to a great standard . staff are excellent and give you such a warm welcome every time you enter the hotel Just as though you are part of their family. rooms are finished to a high standard and the cleaners keep it that way, food at breakfast will meet everyone's tastes and fancies. check in at reception is quick and effortless. the bell boys cannot do enough for you. would put this as a 5 star hotel, and match it against the best in the world.
if you are visiting Rio, then this is the place to stay, say hello to Adma, Carlos and Jose three great people, as are all the staff at the Miramar by Windsor

Room Tip: great size room, all amenities contained, big bed and a great shower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mick Ann B
Dear Mr Mick Ann B,

I don´t have the right words to say "Thank You" for your comments. It is wonderful begin a new week reading what you wrote about our services, our staff... . We work everyday trying to do our best for our guests and hearing from you I am sure sure that we are in the right way. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

P.S. Adma, Carlos and Jose would like to say "thank you"!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Amazing hotel located right across from Copacabana Beach. It has been only open a few months. Very clean and updated. While checking in, we were greeted with a nice glass of champagne. The hotel staff was very nice, helpful and professional. Our room had a beautiful view of the beach. Amazing view at day and night from the rooftop bar and pool. We had one of the best breakfast buffets ever in the hotel. Yes with Champagne!!!! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others. Very fair priced for the area. No parking fee. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pjbfilm
Dear Mr PJBFILM,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate that you have a nice stay with us. We always try to do our best to make our guests satisfied. We hope to see you soon again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beachfront Copacabana hotel. Newly renovated. One of the most beautiful hotels I have every stayed at. The rooms are lovely and the beds are incredibly comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. The rooftop was relaxing and very scenic, with a convenient rooftop bar and exercise room. Will stay again next time I visit rio.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mctord
William R, Gerente at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Mr MCTORD,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you had a nice stay with us. It show us that we are doing a good job. Once more, Thank you!