“Should have gone to MacDonalds”
Review of Amarelinho

Amarelinho
Ranked #241 of 13,847 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I don't remember the food being that good, but my wife seemed to enjoy it. The whole experience was really ruined by a waiter who had a really bad attitude.

1  Thank ROM82829
There are newer reviews for Amarelinho

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Let's start with the visitor.I was still choosing what to order, when I felt something in my leg. It was a bit windy, so i thought it was the wind... Then I realized it could not be it. Maybe it was some of the pigeons that were roaming around, or even a dog... Well neither of those. Then I realized the "thing" was between my leg and my pants - that is when I started to be woried. And "the thing" started to be more agitated. I was afraid it could be a scorpion... Like in those movies... When I started to try to take it off, it finally left: a big COCKROACH!!! Yes, LA CUCARACHA! I hope it was not Kafka's Gregor Samsa, because I killed it. After that I read the restaurant had problems with roaches and intoxication by spoiled food. If you pay close attention you will notice the employees are not very concerned about hygiene.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I ate here. I ordered the chicken risotto and she had a pizza. The pizza was cheesy but good and the risotto was HUGE. Enough for 4 people but tasted amazing. Great location and would stop by again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Located in Cinelandia and easy access. Go in the late afternoon and evening is an invitation to enjoy the city and good food. The dishes are very generous and serve two people and even more quietly. Waiters are attentive and always ready to serve them. This is the true translation of the "Welcome to Rio de Janeiro." Good food, excellent service and a night view of the city and affordable to all pockets.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great for people watching and standard boteco food and deliciously cold chopps. Amarelinho is a Rio household place for lunch and afternoon chillin'.