“Yummm”

Neighborhood: Ipanema
Balaclava, Victoria, Australia
“Yummm”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Arrived around 8:30pm and the place was empty. As it was still around Carnival, they provided a set menu. Lots to choose from and food was amazing! Price was on par with the quality. Would definitely recommend!

Sydney, Australia
“5 star restaurant without the attitude!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough! This would easily be a 5 star restaurant with regards to food, service and understated chic decor in Sydney although the great thing about this restaurant here is there is no attitude unlike other places of a similar nature.

The service was professional, warm and welcoming and not at all overbearing. The food I cannot fault but the star was the sparkling sangria (the best sangria I had in Rio) and the dessert was beautifully presented so much so I didn't want to eat it but of course I did and it was delicious!!

I don't think this place has been open for long so it is a little quiet (there was only one other table whilst we were there, mind you it was a weeknight) but don't let this put you off, we didn't mind, the mood lighting, candles, the chic house vibes gently playing in the background and warm service made it a perfect atmosphere for us.

Please do not overlook this place whilst in Rio, it was the best dining experience we had on our holiday. I only wish we spoke Portuguese, I would have loved to give my compliments to the chef!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank sharingthemoment
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Business launch”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Had there a business launch and even if it was a really boring meeting this place made my mood!! Really great food with really nice and quick service!!

Visited November 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“charming, but over-rated here”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

5 points is far too much. I would give a 3 1/2. It is stilish, the food is ok an the service is good. But as most of the restaurants in Rio what you pay is not what you get. there was a Zinfandel red in the menu, which costs $15 in markets in US and no more than $35 there. Here it was over R$ 150,00.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“creative and delicious”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have now eaten 3 times over two weeks at this place and every time the dishes have been excellent and service attentive without being overwhelming. Live in Rio and know most of the restaurants in town and this is one of the best, specially because it is not yet famous and hasn't been spoiled. Also has very good drinks.

• Visited January 2013